DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Help. new bird won't fire up.

birdie-11

Reactions
My new platinum battery hub shows red light when I try to charge so I am charging single on 110 and 12 volts. After an hour I still have only one light after unhooking and pressing power button without installing in drone. When charging one green light will blink 16 times and then nothing for 15 seconds or so. And then 16 blinks. Controller charged fine. I am sure hub is bad But could the new drone also be bad. I bought from Dronesuperstore. thanks I have not even been able to link controller to drone of course.

which one light on the battery? when charging normal the furthest light from the power button is the one to flash. if the flashing light is the 2nd from the power button thats indication of a bad battery. contact the place you bought from and they should be able to swap ya out

which one light on the battery? when charging normal the furthest light from the power button is the one to flash. if the flashing light is the 2nd from the power button thats indication of a bad battery. contact the place you bought from and they should be able to swap ya out
it is furthest from switch

If hub is showing red light, then battery is likely bad.

That happened with one of my Tello batteries when I used its hub. Charging from the AC for a few minutes fixed that, but Tello batteries aren't as sophisticated as most of the Mavic batteries.

Not sure if I read this right, but if its only been on charge for an hour, it would need a heap more for a new battery.

Regards

Reactions: Thomas B
An hour should get it to at least 50%, likely higher. That should be sufficient to fire it up.

You didn't mention if you tried charging directly with the AC charger. If that works, then hub could be bad.

This is a sealed in box brand new platinum pro? If so, there’s every chance the batteries are dead as it’s been sat in a shelf for years.

Reactions: Thomas B and Kilrah
This is a sealed in box brand new platinum pro? If so, there’s every chance the batteries are dead as it’s been sat in a shelf for years.
I charged one without hub for 3 hours and no increase in amount of lights. I am now charging dc

I charged one without hub for 3 hours and no increase in amount of lights. I am now charging dc
Keep us posted on you progress Birdie, I’m always interested the final outcome of these little hiccups
Regards

Can you show a picture of the charging hub and power brick ?

1607594168690.png

Last edited:
i cant fi nd the video, but I saw a guy with this problem and he put the battery in the drone turned it on and then removed it ad charged it in the brick, NOT the multi-battery charger. After that it worked fine.

Bad battery. Go back to the supplier. This issue comes from the product sitting too long with no use.

Reactions: Thomas B
Bad battery. Go back to the supplier. This issue comes from the product sitting too long with no use.
Seller sent me shipping label, although I find it hard to believe all 3 would be bad. I am sending all batteries, charging hub, and charger back.

Seller sent me shipping label, although I find it hard to believe all 3 would be bad. I am sending all batteries, charging hub, and charger back.
they can go bad from sitting long periods of time unused. they discharge too low to the point they cant be charged unless you dismantle the battery, and hook the leads of outside charger to the terminals. ive tried it a few times with inspire 1 batteries

Reactions: Lastrexking
The Platinum Pro is an old model. DJI haven’t made it for quite a while, and most places don’t sell them anymore unless they’re old stock. If it’s been on the shelf for years the batteries have gone past the point of no return. It’s not the first post like this we’ve seen in here. Hopefully the seller will sort it for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002