DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP PLEASE-MAVIC PRO

PressMan

Reactions
HELP PLEASE with MAVIC PRO from you experienced people.
I got new drone delivered before Christmas but did not use until Christmas Day using my Samsung 7edge.
everything OK except I noticed a Tremour/Shudder when taking off which I wrote about on this forum.

I got a New Samsung GalaxyTablet A6 to use solely for Mavic Screen:(Latest Model I think)
1) NO SIGNAL appears on the screen every 15/20 seconds then GPS cuts in for the same period or so, note: (GPS13/15) I take the drone down very quickly to very low flying in case I get disconnected from Aircraft.

2) Can you explain to me please in 'Baby Steps" how this connections works: The RC connects to Aircraft & will show up on RC Screen if it disconnects or is detached from RC?
Am I correct?

Thank you your comments will be much appreciated.

I would check with DJI to see if that device is compatible. I would think if it is new it is but Android devices are fragmented so not all will work. DJI seems to cater to Apple devices so I always recommend them over Android devices. Try another device if you have access to one.
FYI - You do not need the app to fly, it is an assistant for flying. As long as the aircraft and the TX (controller) stay connected the aircraft will still preform with no app.

I would check with DJI to see if that device is compatible. I would think if it is new it is but Android devices are fragmented so not all will work. DJI seems to cater to Apple devices so I always recommend them over Android devices.
FYI - You do not need the app to fly, it is an assistant for flying. As long as the aircraft and the TX (controller) stay connected the aircraft will still preform with no app.
Thank you very much for such sound advice. So If I continue flying using Galaxy A6 tablet say I am almost 400ft height & distance of 1000ft do you think it's safe to continue flying?

I would not recommend flying it out of sight (follow the rules specific to your location), especially if you're having issues. I would also not recommend flying it without the assistance of the app unless you are a experienced flyer and are familiar with the aircraft. My advice is to sort out the issues before you continue to fly. Borrow a friends iPhone or one of the recommended Android devices to see if that corrects the problem... it may be some other reason not related to the device you are using.

Here is the DJI list...

Screen Shot 2016-12-30 at 11.03.18 AM☀️.png

Reactions: djorgen
I would do the following. In this order. Fly without the application. When you do this do you see any disconnects? Are the flights stable?

Next Chang the cable.

If that doesn't fix it

change the device - borrow a friends Android and see if you have the same problem.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I would do the following. In this order. Fly without the application. When you do this do you see any disconnects? Are the flights stable?

Next Chang the cable.

If that doesn't fix it

change the device - borrow a friends Android and see if you have the same problem.

Thanks,
I have used a galaxy 7Edge & NO problem...gps all the way...

Sorry to say but I have heard of others experiencing issues with the A6 and all the other A series, where they get very bad lag, disconnects and crashes. Could be simply that the series is not able to cope with the processing required even though on paper it should, I would have grabbed one myself but have not read a single report of them working with DJI Go unfortunately.

However a few things may help, in the DJI Go app disable local caching and clear out the cache that is there. Under the Android Settings Enable Developer Option and then under there enable USB Debugging. Also as mentioned try a different cable to eliminate that as a potential cause.

I must admit though that I am a little confused how it can effect the GPS unless it is simply not processing the data from the controller. Do you see the same GPS issue on the Controller itself or could it just be on the tablet?

Please let us know how you get on and if you manage to get it working ok. Thanks!

Sorry to say but I have heard of others experiencing issues with the A6 and all the other A series, where they get very bad lag, disconnects and crashes. Could be simply that the series is not able to cope with the processing required even though on paper it should, I would have grabbed one myself but have not read a single report of them working with DJI Go unfortunately.

However a few things may help, in the DJI Go app disable local caching and clear out the cache that is there. Under the Android Settings Enable Developer Option and then under there enable USB Debugging. Also as mentioned try a different cable to eliminate that as a potential cause.

I must admit though that I am a little confused how it can effect the GPS unless it is simply not processing the data from the controller. Do you see the same GPS issue on the Controller itself or could it just be on the tablet?

Please let us know how you get on and if you manage to get it working ok. Thanks!
Thank you for details.
Seems only effect the Tablet but even so you worry will it bring down Mavic..
I wll try out your instrictions later today.
Cheers

Well it won't bring down the Mavic . I view the tablet as a luxury. I won't fly without it but I don't need it to fly.

Next Chang the cable.

If that doesn't fix it

Thank you very much for your advice..
I have done all the above & everything seems to work BUT BUT BUT when using the 7Edge the Aircraft disconnected TWICE
from the RC of course it RTH perfectly...keep in mind there was quite a wind blowing & notice popped up several times on the screen regarding the Strong Wind Interference.
I am in a dilemma now 1)the Galaxy A6 is just showing NO Signal every few minutes
2) it DISCONNECTED TWICE when using my 7Edge.
Firmware is all up to date, IMU perfect, but now my confidence is at a low ebb....!!

Well it won't bring down the Mavic . I view the tablet as a luxury. I won't fly without it but I don't need it to fly.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots[/QUOTE

I have done all the above & everything seems to work BUT BUT BUT when using the 7Edge the Aircraft disconnected TWICE
from the RC of course it RTH perfectly...keep in mind there was quite a wind blowing & notice popped up several times on the screen regarding the Strong Wind Interference.
I am in a dilemma now 1)the Galaxy A6 is just showing NO Signal every few minutes
Firmware is all up to date, IMU perfect, but now my confidence is at a low ebb....!!

Thank you very much for your advice..

@PressMan - Just curious, what is your power up sequence when powering up the aircraft/controller/phone app?

Just so my question is not misleading - the proper sequence is RC controller, then aircraft, then the App. When powering down the aircraft, make sure you turn off the aircraft prior to turning off the controller.

Reactions: Nigpd
@PressMan - Just curious, what is your power up sequence when powering up the aircraft/controller/phone app?

Just so my question is not misleading - the proper sequence is RC controller, then aircraft, then the App. When powering down the aircraft, make sure you turn off the aircraft prior to turning off the controller.
Thank you,
I have all gear charged to the max.
As far as the Galaxy Tablet A6 it's not compatible with DJI Mavic so I might buy the
Nexus 7 & see if that may work. Disconnection x 2 on one flight is unanswered, have sent message to DJI Technical & awaiting reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+