DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hey, From the Midwest (need some help)

Sneak

Reactions
Hey. I was looking for a good drone community because I jus bought a DJI mini 2. So I just got it yesterday and I realized that my phone isnt 64 bit so I can't use DJI Fly app.
1: I'm wondering if i can possibly download another app to fly it with my old phone Samsung J7. I've heard of Litchi and know that it cost money.
2: Is there any other fly apps that I can use to see video feed and take pictures with my older phone or do I have to activate it first with DJI Fly app? Also I have never flown a drone before lol I'm super excited.
3: Can it be flown without a phone? I have DJI mini 2 and Samsung J7. Thanks for reading. Need some help!

Hello from the Crossroads of America Sneak.

Although the Mini 2 may not have to be registered with the FAA, you should take the TRUST test and keep a copy with you when you fly, if you haven't done it already.

FAA TRUST Online Portal for Recreational Drone Operators - Pilot Institute

I don't have Litchi but it may work with your phone. I'm not sure if the Mini 2 is working 100% with Litchi yet as the SDK was recently released from DJI. I think it works with Droids but not Apple. 🤔

You can fly without a device but it's not advised due to the lack of telemetry it provides. You probably have to activate the Mini 2 with the DJI app.

Here's a list of devices that will work in case you need to go shopping for one.

Use the search function (magnifying glass at top right) of this Forum and search for a inexpensive device.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

@Sneak ,welcome to the forum
unfortunately you will need the Fly App installed on your device to enable the drone to be set up and to set up your DJI account ,before you can fly it

There are a few models of Samsung Galaxy J7 but it is listed as working with DJI FLY on some compatibility charts. The architecture of the even the earliest J7 phone is 64 bit but was initially released with a 32 bit version of Android.

Try downloading and installing DJI FLY directly from the DJI site. It won't install or run if its not going to work. LINK: DJI FLY download center

You will have to enable installing from unknown sources when you go to install.

Reactions: Sneak
Before you try downloading and installing DJI FLY you might run:

64 Bit checker

All it does is check to see if your Android version is 64 bit.

Its likely your phone is not going to work but you might as well rule it out completely before moving on.

Reactions: Sneak
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_