DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi from San Diego!

davemgood

Reactions
org_d4806ae53935155b_1546232694000.jpg

Name is Dave. Hello to all. Just bought a new M2P. Using a Note 8 with my RC. Toying with the idea of buying a CrystalSky. Never owned a drone, but understand the aerodynamics. Anxious to get up to speed for my first flight. Baby steps first.

My initial questions are:

1. Is a CS high-brightness enough? I see several posts where ppl say they have to reduce the brightness on the Ultra, even in very bright environments.

2. What is your favorite add-on that boosts performance or pleasure in operating?

Onward and upward!

Dave :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum! :)

One of my favorite accessories is this gimbal lock. It's a lot easier to attach/remove than the OEM gimbal lock.

One of my favorite accessories are the 3 D printed leg extensions that allow me to land without being as concerned about debris under the Mavic and also allows me to hand catch using the rear leg extention "grab handle".

Attachments

• 20181113_104837.jpg
    20181113_104837.jpg
    868.2 KB · Views: 21
Welcome to the forum! :)

One of my favorite accessories is this gimbal lock. It's a lot easier to attach/remove than the OEM gimbal lock.

Yes, my gimbal lock was a mystery at first. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out!

DAVE :)

One of my favorite accessories are the 3 D printed leg extensions that allow me to land without being as concerned about debris under the Mavic and also allows me to hand catch using the rear leg extention "grab handle".

NICE, did you 3D print those yourself? I can see the need for those.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to MPs!
My fav is Sunnylife gimbal lock and leg extensions.
The iPad Pro 10.5 works great in direct sunlight. The previous iPads are visibly hard to see. Also a set of filters will improve your shots!
Good luck and Fly like you Stole it!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if ! you can't find it by searching .:)

Thanks, dirkclod! Yes, I've already picked up a number of useful tips. A great resource!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thanks, Rob! I already have your info. I'll be sure to give you a shout if ever have need. :)

Welcome to MPs!
My fav is Sunnylife gimbal lock and leg extensions.
The iPad Pro 10.5 works great in direct sunlight. The previous iPads are visibly hard to see. Also a set of filters will improve your shots!
Good luck and Fly like you Stole it!

Filters? Any recommendations on which ones and where?

Thanks Dave! They are made for the original Mavic Pro and I am not sure if they would fit the Mavic 2.
Very good. I'm sure I will live. lol Thanks anyway, BDOG. :)

View attachment 57360

Name is Dave. Hello to all. Just bought a new M2P. Using a Note 8 with my RC. Toying with the idea of buying a CrystalSky. Never owned a drone, but understand the aerodynamics. Anxious to get up to speed for my first flight. Baby steps first.

My initial questions are:

1. Is a CS high-brightness enough? I see several posts where ppl say they have to reduce the brightness on the Ultra, even in very bright environments.

2. What is your favorite add-on that boosts performance or pleasure in operating?

Onward and upward!

Dave :)
Howdy from Wyoming welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Howdy from Wyoming welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.
Thanks Bunny Too. Getting lots of good info here. Thanks for the welcome. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark