DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi there new to the sky

kestral

Reactions
Just starting flying and would welcome any advice on where to fly near hythe Kent that won’t disturb the locals, I spent a week familiarising my self with the equipment found a empty field for the first flight and was approached by a interested passerby. He was keen to no more about the equipment and very positive and after a warm chat he continued on his way.when he left I couldn’t help but think what the protocol would be if the battery had been low and I needed to land when uninvolved people are within 50m cheers kes

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hi kestral welcome to Mavic Pilots.

I find that no matter how secluded the place I decide to fly someone will apper as if by magic, most are interested but some complain.
I don't want to chat while flying as it is a distraction so I tell them I will discuss things when I land. When landing I ask them please keep well away from the landing pad.
Not a lot you can do when someone approaches you when you are already in the air.

Have fun and always be polite to people even when they are in the wrong, arguing your point isn't worth the hassle ;)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

welcome to the forum ,i was out flying today ,and had several chats with interested people asking about my drones ,first thing i do if they approach while i am ready to think about landing due to remaining battery charge is to say politely to them that i am coming in to land could they stand further away and then i will answer their questions ,it has always worked for me personally

Welcome to the forum. I found to be polite, disarming and prepare for the usual questions (ie. how much, how far, how high, etc.) You will find a great of information and support here. We look forward to seeing your view of the world.

Hi, and welcome :)

The place to check is the dronesafetymap.com It's the CAA's official partner. Also, the drone itself won't fly if it's no fly zone database tells it not to.

My experience with flying in places where there are people around has been positive. I always make sure I keep well away from people and especially dogs. Show yourself to be a courteous flyer. What I have is experienced is interest from others. Either they are thinking of getting a drone, or they want to know how it works, how high, how far sort of thing. I had one lady ask me what happens if the remote link dies when it's over water, so I went through return to home with her and stated some of the safety features. I was at an old mill last week when I was supposed to be out and about for work, and one lady said "How marvellous" when she saw me preparing to fly.

Just starting flying and would welcome any advice on where to fly near hythe Kent that won’t disturb the locals, I spent a week familiarising my self with the equipment found a empty field for the first flight and was approached by a interested passerby. He was keen to no more about the equipment and very positive and after a warm chat he continued on his way.when he left I couldn’t help but think what the protocol would be if the battery had been low and I needed to land when uninvolved people are within 50m cheers kes
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Reactions: old man mavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast