DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hi WIFI warning ?

Reactions
Hi Guys. I keep seeing posts flying over towns & cities so thought Id try over Alcudia, in Mallorca , a pretty small town & now under lockdown !
Mini launches & performs fine but then I get a warning about wifi interference. I understand what it is but do you guys get the same warning ? Freaked me out so I landed & cant fly now as cant leave my house , terrace was my only launch site.

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!
A few more details of the environment, your equipment and location relative to TO when the warning appeared would help.
Flight logs may also be useful:

Try FCC mode which might help ... google it if you don’t know how to do it..

I don't think you need WiFi to fly ??

I put my phone in Airplane Mode

WiFi frequencies are in the 2.4GHx and 5.8GHz bands. Depending on CE or FCC version of the Mavic Mini, it operates in these bands. So WiFi is kinda needed to fly, but your mobile device can certainly be in Airplane mode. This is known to reduce WiFi interference.

MM CE - 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz (switchable)
MM FCC - 5.8GHz

I get a warning about wifi interference.

And yes, we’ll get the WIFI interference warning from time to time, especially over populated parts of town. Simply fly back closer to you to minimize the warnings.

Given the current global situation, stay safe out there.

There's three aspects to radio communication between RC and AC:
Frequencies/band used
RF power
Protocol used to encode the data between RC and AC.
OK, there's a few other aspects with the RF itself.

Wi-Fi is a protocol suite that mainly specifies how the data is encoded. The mini uses enhanced Wi-Fi.
Many mistake Wi-Fi to mean communication between a mobile device and a stationary access point to provide internet. Wi-Fi can be used for anything, much like Bluetooth can be used for anything. Both Wi-Fi and BT leverage the 2.4Ghz band (Wi-Fi also can use the 5Ghz band) but use the RF in different ways. But because both use the same frequcies, they can interfere with each other.
2.4Ghz band has only 3 non-overlaping channels, but we have way more than 3 sets of devices out there communicating with each other. Its amazing how that can even work as well as it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD