DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

High Wind Velocity Land ASAP

Wipazz

Reactions
Hi All,
Every now and again i get a "RED" warning message saying "High Wind Velocity Land ASAP"
just wondering if i should just ignore this? The Mavic doesn't really seem to be uneasy tho, i see it move a little bit but nothing crazy.
does this mean that its passing its 10 m/s limit?
Some advice on this would be appreciated.
Cheers :)

Reactions: n3tb0x
Are you sure that's what it says, a red box pops up saying fly with caution.
This can be safely ignored but be cautious close to things.
The next stage is a yellow scrolling warning at the top which is more serious and indicates getting close to limits especially if you have obstacle avoidance turned on - which lowers top speed.
I haven't seem red along the top but could be a further stage of warning.

Reactions: Former Member
yep,
i seen vids on youtube saying the warning that your talking bout in red, but mine says ASAP... i dont know if its a region type warning thing...
is there a way i can check my flight logs to see the warning?

gs9tqy

Last edited:
yep,
i seen vids on youtube saying the warning that your talking bout in red, but mine says ASAP... i dont know if its a region type warning thing...
is there a way i can check my flight logs to see the warning?
You can see recent warnings in the app general settings under 'all warnings'

Reactions: Former Member
Here is a screen shot of the warning

Attachments

• Inked34118213_10156810768219026_2324416nnn840098381824_n_LI.jpg
    Inked34118213_10156810768219026_2324416nnn840098381824_n_LI.jpg
    619.4 KB · Views: 128
Here is a screen shot of the warning

I get that even when I might be on 80% battery say, and it's 30m from me... I think it just know when it's fighting the wind and warns you not to stray too far... just watch the battery drain very closely, and stay close... I don't think you actually HAVE to land ASAP....

The first 'fly with caution' warning is the warning most people get pretty often. The 'land asap' I've never had because with the 'caution' stage I normally already lower my craft (after checking the pitch in hover) up to a point that I don't get it anymore. I think it must have been pretty gusty up there.

If you check the radar circle on your app you can see the pitch of the craft it needs to have to maintain position. If that pitch is more than just a bit, the warning makes a lot of sense and it's better to lower the craft or land. Wind on the ground is normally not representative for the situation at a high altitude. Usually up high the winds are MUCH stronger than you would expect.

Msinger posted a DJI video about high wind warnings a few days ago.

HOW TO: Measure wind speed during flight

I just realised that I seldom get the wind warning because I always have Obstacle Avoidance set to OFF. With OA ON (default setting) the maximum pitch is a lot less because the OA sensors only work at a certain maximum pitch and speed. I never even had a reason to switch to sport mode because with OA OFF you get the full pitch envelope (and speed) so less warnings.

Wind warnings were introduced by DJI after they came to market with crafts with Obstacle Avoidance. Any craft before that (Inspire1 for instance) doesn't have any wind warnings at all because they can use the max pitch envelope all the time. Even if my I1 gets blown off its track I don't get any warning. But I check my pitch regularly and keep it in VLOS so I don't need wind warnings.

The first 'fly with caution' warning is the warning most people get pretty often. The 'land asap' I've never had because with the 'caution' stage I normally already lower my craft (after checking the pitch in hover) up to a point that I don't get it anymore. I think it must have been pretty gusty up there.

If you check the radar circle on your app you can see the pitch of the craft it needs to have to maintain position. If that pitch is more than just a bit, the warning makes a lot of sense and it's better to lower the craft or land. Wind on the ground is normally not representative for the situation at a high altitude. Usually up high the winds are MUCH stronger than you would expect.

Msinger posted a DJI video about high wind warnings a few days ago.

HOW TO: Measure wind speed during flight

Reactions: Aww@Mavic
I've seen that often too using IOS not sure if it matters but you have to make a decision if you think its just a gust here or there or if it's a hurricane lol.. Use your best judgment and be safe..

With my MP I got this the other day. I let it hover a bit when I got the message and sure enough it was being pulled/blown away. For that flight I did have low noise props on it. I have received the same message with OEM props, but I didn't notice it having issues, so I kept flying those times.

This time the message was legit, I did land and called it a day :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98