DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

His and Hers. Mavic Air and Spark flying from top of 100 ft Fire Tower!

That was pretty cool, some great shots. Nice flying and filming.

I know this is a common theme, and I'm certainly guilty of it, but it did go on a little long - some of the shots were similar enough to the others that they could have been cut.

And, my calves hurt looking at all those stairs.

That was pretty cool, some great shots. Nice flying and filming.

I know this is a common theme, and I'm certainly guilty of it, but it did go on a little long - some of the shots were similar enough to the others that they could have been cut.

And, my calves hurt looking at all those stairs.
You are right. I cut a lot and still ended up with TOO much footage. Oh well.

Tough throwing away all that awesome footage you've taken even if it goes on too long, been there many times,got loads of external hard drives full of unused footage I just can't throw away lol

Reactions: DTC709
I'm intrigued. That is some steel structure and I would have expected it to have caused compass errors. Did you launch from the top of the tower or the base?

Reactions: Big Jon
Nice! What part of the tower or where did you take off from?
Runner/hiker all my life, how were the quads the next day?

I'm intrigued. That is some steel structure and I would have expected it to have caused compass errors. Did you launch from the top of the tower or the base?
I was wondering the same thing. My MP will pick up rebar in a concrete lad behind my house, I can’t imagine trying to launch from a steel tower?

Reactions: BingErr
Awesome footage! Love the one spot specifically where you panned straight backwards. Gives such great perspective of the size of that tower. Minnesota is beautiful, I sure wish I had my MP when we went there on a road trip last year.

Reactions: BingErr
Both. At the top I held I out as far as possible. I had to wait a couple minutes for it to get good enough signal to fly safely.

Reactions: Big Jon
Both. At the top I held I out as far as possible. I had to wait a couple minutes for it to get good enough signal to fly safely.

I’d have been nervous to leave my drone out while I climbed, LOL! I suppose your fiancée could watch over it while you were climbing.

Nice! What part of the tower or where did you take off from?
Runner/hiker all my life, how were the quads the next day?

The very top/observation deck. I just held it out as far as possible. This is me holding the drone with the camera/gimbal pointed straight down waiting for signal.

elbatowerholddrone.jpg

Reactions: FickleMistress

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54