DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hoodman or MavMount

ISpeekW00kie

Reactions
So like the title says, Hoodman or MavMount?

I currently have a tablet holder, albeit not the best, but no hood. I have never ran a hood before, but I understand the principle.

I'm thinking hood since I already have a mount, but at the same time I hear all these great things about the MavMount.

So great people of MavicPilots, please help me make this decision...

[emoji16] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Reactions: Aerial West
I use the Hoodman on an ipad mini 2, with the mavmount. It is one of the best sunshades available and, in my opinion, worth the price. If you already have a mount, but not a sunshade, I'd go with the sunshade. Being able to view the screen clearly makes a big difference and greatly adds to the enjoyment of flying....

Also, if going with Hoodman, get both pieces, the box like looking piece which is similar looking to many shades, and then also the top extension which narrows the shade so when you put it up to your eyes you are blocking out all light. It's the next best thing to goggles...

Thanks guys! I was thinking the same thing, shade first and then upgrade the mount. I just needed affirmation from y'all. Lol. Thanks again!

So, got the Hoodman in today, but the weather is super windy here in North Texas. Maybe Sunday morning ( fingers crossed).

On a side note, I got an email back from MavMount about a question I asked earlier this week. They are coming out with a 2.0 version soon, to timeframe, so I'm glad I did hold off on that.

I'll have an update hopefully Sunday on how the hood works out! Thanks again for y'all's input!

So, got the Hoodman in today, but the weather is super windy here in North Texas. Maybe Sunday morning ( fingers crossed).

On a side note, I got an email back from MavMount about a question I asked earlier this week. They are coming out with a 2.0 version soon, to timeframe, so I'm glad I did hold off on that.

I'll have an update hopefully Sunday on how the hood works out! Thanks again for y'all's input!
Justa heads up, the MavMount 2.0 is out, been doing really well. It works with a hoodman... but just FYI, the MavMount is made to be upgraded.

And we'll shortly have out Crystal Sky adapter available too! It will screw right onto the MavMount ballhead.

We built the MavMount to be upgraded, and it will!

Last edited:
does the hav2 from mavmount fit an ipad pro 10.5?
Now we have pro hoods, compatible with the mavmount adapter, for the ipad mini, 9.7" and 10.5" :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe