DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How can I get a new remote for my Zoom?

Stringfellow-Hawke

Reactions
The remote I have the wire that attaches to the inside connector got mangled from twisting after market antennas on/off.. The electronic repair shop that worked on the remote keeps messing it up!.. Where can I buy a replacement remote & also be sure it is the same frequency as my Mavic 2?

In what country?

Aren't they all different frequencies? Or all they all one frequency for mavic to use? That was my main question

Ebay and, if you can, get an RC1A, you will get DAT files on the phone. If you get an RC1B you will not get DAT files.
That said why not repair the existing one yourself or have a go at it. There are youtube videos showing how to dismantle them and I have dismantled a dummey Mavic Pro controller and it wasn't difficult to get the cases apart. One thing try not to disconnect cables by pulling on the wires as I think one guy does. Take your time and use multiple wafers etc. to prise the covers apart and keep them apart, if you feel yourself gettinf frustrated go have a cup of tea or something.
Assuming the antennae wires attach in the same way as with a Phantom controller then their end connectors pop off the board like press buttons on a shirt or duvet cover, as shown around 9.04 in
but NOTE that is a mavic pro controller not a M2 controller. Note also, the guy releasing ribbon cable locks before disconnecting ribbon cables.
If necessary use a magnifing glass or app.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an RC1A as the primary with an RC1B as the secondary and I have used the opposite pairing as well. The transition between which controller was controlling the drone was seamless at every switch.

I killed my Zoom and have still have the controller, very good condition lots of life in the battery, $150?
PM Me . . . .if you want it? I'll throw in the 2 extra batteries, props, tablet holder. . . for $50.

Last edited:
I killed my Zoom and have still have the controller, very good condition lots of life in the battery, $150?
PM Me . . . .if you want it? I'll throw in the 2 extra batteries, props, tablet holder. . . for $50.
I might want to buy your controller if still available

Pm me and we can work out the details . . .All controllers for the Mavic 2's are cross compatible and just need to be paired via a small button, I think at the USB access or card slot . . . .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998