DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How close your M2P return home landed without operate joy stick help by us ?

As a side question on the matter, those of you who have constantly using Auto landing does it keep a pattern or does it land in different distances and spots around the the take off point every time?

I'm curious if it's something that can be fixed with a calibration?
xagoras, maybe some of experience guy in this society can give clarification. I am just new with the drone flying.

in my cases it's RTH within 1 meter and 20!!!!! metres :mad::mad::mad::mad: a have pond not far from my house , like 20 , 25 meters away , and sometime it lands into the pond .

Last edited:
Since I frequently take off from a piece of carpet to avoid raising dust allover the MP2 I must take over from RTH to be sure that it lands back on the carpet. Otherwise, it will land in the dirt and raise dust. The MP1 would land on the carpet without my help.

in my cases it's RTH within 1 meter and 20!!!!! metres :mad::mad::mad::mad: a have pond not far from my house , like 20 , 25 meters away , and sometime it lands into the pond .
Oh that’s not good I hope your GPS signal are strong enought mine found 16 sattelites.

As a side question on the matter, those of you who have constantly using Auto landing does it keep a pattern or does it land in different distances and spots around the the take off point every time?
I'm curious if it's something that can be fixed with a calibration?
There is no pattern.
The position inaccuracy in consumer GPS is random.
There is nothing you can do to change that.
Just make sure you choose a launch/landing spot with clear space around it.

Reactions: Raimis and Tongpool
Hoping they come out with a Precision Landing update soon. It's one of the key features of the Mavic Pro that I miss most on the Mavic2.

With the Mavic Pro, I always had confidence that if I was away from the takeoff location with the drone, and it executed a return-to-home, it would pretty much land on the pad it took off from. Obviously, unless you are taking off from a large piece of clear pavement, you can't trust the Mavic2 to do the same... Yet.

Reactions: Tongpool
On your 20m landing, were you far enough away to trigger actual RTH? If you are not far enough away, it will just land.
Personally I feel that threshold is too broad.

I am fairly new to flying drones and at first I would get nervous and hit return to home on my spark and it works very well. After reading a lot and watching hours of video I am learning how to use the map and accelerometer and do my best to fly home and land. I think (hope) it is making me a better pilot? I have been practicing trying to land my spark in tight spots, I am getting better but there is lots of room for improvement.

I don't know how the racers do it?

I am new too but no worried we could done better soon but we have to learn and frequently practices. Never try S mode so far.

An interesting question @xagorass. I discovered this lack of precision landing today and it rather surprised me given that I also have a Mavic 1 which is quite good at landing on the take-off spot.
It seemed to be off by about 0.3 m most of the time (did it about 5 times) but I am not sure that it was in the same direction each time.

Last night I took MP2 off from a picnic table in my back yard for some sunset shots. To practice precision landing I tried to land on the picnic table but it felt like the collision avoidance recognized the table as an obstacle and as it got closer to the table the MP2 started to drift away. I tried to force it back to the table but too late. 2 legs touched the table and it tipped over onto the side hitting the bench while still running. So far everything still seems ok except for some small marks on the props. For now on, I'm going to insure no table top landings and 12 ft diameter minimum is available for landing!

Last night I took MP2 off from a picnic table in my back yard for some sunset shots. To practice precision landing I tried to land on the picnic table but it felt like the collision avoidance recognized the table as an obstacle and as it got closer to the table the MP2 started to drift away. I tried to force it back to the table but too late. 2 legs touched the table and it tipped over onto the side hitting the bench while still running. So far everything still seems ok except for some small marks on the props. For now on, I'm going to insure no table top landings and 12 ft diameter minimum is available for landing!
Oh sorry to hear that hope every thing is alright. Since the landing seems not accurate I am now practice to lanch and landing from my palm. It much better because we can ensure that the bird will on our hands.

Lesson learned for me too........ NOTHING beats flat ground

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aodgizmo