DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How close your M2P return home landed without operate joy stick help by us ?

Tongpool

Reactions
I am not expected to land 100% exactly but every times when I landed it's a bout 1-2 meters difference. Is this ok for 2 meters difference landed ?

Yes that's normal. M2s don't have precision landing yet. They will do in a later firmware update.

I am not expected to land 100% exactly but every times when I landed it's a bout 1-2 meters difference. Is this ok for 2 meters difference landed ?
Without the Precision Landing feature, the Mavic can only manage the accuracy of consumer GPS which will put it within 1-2 metres most of the time but sometimes be even further away.

Without the Precision Landing feature, the Mavic can only manage the accuracy of consumer GPS which will put it within 1-2 metres most of the time but sometimes be even further away.
Thanks a lot Meta4 I have to be very careful when landing the M2P from now.

Yes ... launch from a clear spot where a couple of metres error won't cause problems.

Reactions: Tongpool
That or just use RTH to get in the ballpark. You can also point the camera down to further get you pinpointed.

That or just use RTH to get in the ballpark. You can also point the camera down to further get you pinpointed.
Oh yes ! I think it is a good idea to point the camera down to the landing pad instead of walking around the place.

launch from a clear spot where a couple of metres error won't cause problems.

Sage advice. The camera at 90 degrees is a good starter but you should learn and be able to thread the needle by hand. Never know when it might come in handy. On the way down the M2P camera will revert to horizontal on the way down.

Sage advice. The camera at 90 degrees is a good starter but you should learn and be able to thread the needle by hand. Never know when it might come in handy. On the way down the M2P camera will revert to horizontal on the way down.
Turn11 to take up and landing on hand is another lesson that I must learn and practice. Thank you for your advise .

Reactions: Turn11
I don't usually use Auto Landing. Today I gave it a go to see how close it lands and it landed around 1.2m away from the take off spot.

It's OK if you fly away from a nice flat and open area, but in some cases it can be a real problem to depend on Auto landing solely. I wouldn't dare try that from the edge of a cliff for example.

It will go horizontal but only within the last foot or so when finalizing the landing.

You can cancel RTH whenever you want to, even in Low Battery RTH conditions. You can cancel RTH whenever you need to, regardless where in the process. Press RTH again (hold it for a second or two or press the Pause button

Cancel RTH with RTH button     .jpg

As a side question on the matter, those of you who have constantly using Auto landing does it keep a pattern or does it land in different distances and spots around the the take off point every time?

I'm curious if it's something that can be fixed with a calibration?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190