DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I download data from Micro Chip and Internal Storage

Sixdollars

Reactions
I've looked thru he Owner's Manual and have figured out how to download from the chip, but can't seem to find how to download what's in the Internal Storage. What about Flight data also. Thanks

Connect drone to PC via USB C cable.

Reactions: Neil Reid
I've looked thru he Owner's Manual and have figured out how to download from the chip, but can't seem to find how to download what's in the Internal Storage. What about Flight data also. Thanks
If you are wanting to look at your flight data, the most useful thing is to use the Phantomhelp log viewer for the flight data stored by the app in your phone or tablet.
You'll find instructions here:

Plug the drone into your computer using the USB-C cable and power on the drone (important, the drone must be powered on). Your computer will automatically detect the internal storage of the drone as if it were a thumb drive.

Plug the drone into your computer using the USB-C cable and power on the drone (important, the drone must be powered on). Your computer will automatically detect the internal storage of the drone as if it were a thumb drive.
That's very interesting. Does that mean that you could delete the flight logs from the internal storage then? I take it at some point, the internal storage would be full, at that point, does it just get overwritten?

That's very interesting. Does that mean that you could delete the flight logs from the internal storage then? I take it at some point, the internal storage would be full, at that point, does it just get overwritten?
DJI rely on the internal data for warranty claims.
So you can't delete or modify the files there.
Yes, as space fills up, older files get overwritten by newer ones.

Reactions: Thomas B
Use USB connection to your PC., I had trouble with my cable and had to get a new one. Folder should show up on PC. Video files will show up on controller screen (smartphone) so you can also download to phone that way.

You can use Assistant to download the flight logs from the AC, but they are encrypted and only useful to DJI.

Depending on the particular USB cable you use, if the internal storage does not show up on your computer (laptop or PC), rotate the micro end of the USB-C 180 degrees, reinsert into the drone connection, and see if the internal storage now shows up as a separate drive on your computer. Good luck!

when I plug my air into the computer I get an F drive and a G drive One is the SD card the other Internal storage and you can tell which is which by the size of them. drag the dcmi folders onto your desk top then delete them from the drives. Next photo session will automatically make new dcmi folders for each drive.

Reactions: Dan C
DJI rely on the internal data for warranty claims.
So you can't delete or modify the files there.
Yes, as space fills up, older files get overwritten by newer ones.
Just to be clear, when you connect your drone to the PC via cable, you see the SD card (if you have inserted one) as a drive, and the 8G of internal user storage as another drive.

The internal data logs that DJI stores in the drone for warranty claims, are NOT a part of the 8G of internal user storage where you can keep photo/videos. AFAIK, you can't access or even display the DJI logs, at least not without additional software.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drxenon