DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How do I get this prop back on?

mitchtalbot

Reactions
Hey all, a few months ago I crashed my drone into a tree branch (fairly light crash, just got stuck then used a pool scooper to pull it down). The props got a bit cracked up so I have been replacing them now that lockdown is easing and want to fly again - but I can only get 3 props on. The rear-left prop on my Mavic Pro Platinum simply will not pop on. As you can see from the photos below, there is no glaringly obvious damage to anything or anything that appears particularly out of order - but clearly must be something wrong. The prop also pushes down the whole way, it just will not turn to lock in place. I've also tried multiple pairs of props - so have isolated it to this motor on this leg, not the propellers.

Has anyone else had this issue before and would be able to please advise how I can go about fixing this?

tempImageXljYAx.jpg
tempImagea5ITeT.jpg
tempImageztKmYz.jpg
tempImageAIfV6T.jpg

Hey all, a few months ago I crashed my drone into a tree branch (fairly light crash, just got stuck then used a pool scooper to pull it down). The props got a bit cracked up so I have been replacing them now that lockdown is easing and want to fly again - but I can only get 3 props on. The rear-left prop on my Mavic Pro Platinum simply will not pop on. As you can see from the photos below, there is no glaringly obvious damage to anything or anything that appears particularly out of order - but clearly must be something wrong. The prop also pushes down the whole way, it just will not turn to lock in place. I've also tried multiple pairs of props - so have isolated it to this motor on this leg, not the propellers.

Has anyone else had this issue before and would be able to please advise how I can go about fixing this?

View attachment 125637
View attachment 125636
View attachment 125635
View attachment 125634
in the photo you are trying to put a unmarked prop back on to the motor if it has a white ring on the motor then it needs a prop with a white ring or gold ring in the center

in the photo you are trying to put a unmarked prop back on to the motor if it has a white ring on the motor then it needs a prop with a white ring or gold ring in the center
Thanks aha I know the gold ones go with gold and silver goes with silver (if that's what you mean?). That was the silver one I was trying to put on the silver leg (as is visible in second photo). Have tried a couple other spare silver ones I have and even tried fitting a gold one but none will go on :/

@mitchtalbot ,the tip colour has no bearing on the issue they are all the same props ,what i was on about is the white marks on two of the motors ,the props that go on those motors that are diagonally apposed front to rear , have to have a white circle on the prop hub, the plain black ones go on the other two motors

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun