DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How fast do you fly?

vsasolutions

Reactions
Site
vsasolutions.com
I am curious on what speed other fly when doing various shots for commercial real estate video. What gives editors the best footage to work with. I know one of the biggest mistakes is flying too fast. I typically fly between 5-8 mph on dolly/forward/backward shots and a little faster on orbits depending on size of orbit.

Reactions: Orangetigerpaw
I am curious on what speed other fly when doing various shots for commercial real estate video. What gives editors the best footage to work with. I know one of the biggest mistakes is flying too fast. I typically fly between 5-8 mph on dolly/forward/backward shots and a little faster on orbits depending on size of orbit.
I’ve come to find that I’ve been using tripod mode like 80% of the time if I am doing a planning type shot. If my editor needs to speed it up a bit it’s no big deal.

Somewhere I saw the rule of seven for the speed of a pan. An item should remain in the shot for no less that a seven count to makes a smooth pan that the eye can follow. For example: a panning shot of the horizon: pick an item and count how long it is in the shot. A seven count is considered optimal flow.

Somewhere I saw the rule of seven for the speed of a pan. An item should remain in the shot for no less that a seven count to makes a smooth pan that the eye can follow. For example: a panning shot of the horizon: pick an item and count how long it is in the shot. A seven count is considered optimal flow.

Thats interesting...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan