DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How high can it go?

so, you can fly 400' over a obstacle, as long as you are within 400' of it. Willis Tower in Chicago is 1450' AGL, so you can legally fly 1850' when near it. I don't think I would, but there is a video online of someone taking a Mini2 over 1500' in Chicago. I don't know if they took off from the street or from an observation deck, but my answer to that question, how high or how far can it go? Higher and farther than even possibly legal.

so, you can fly 400' over a obstacle, as long as you are within 400' of it. Willis Tower in Chicago is 1450' AGL, so you can legally fly 1850' when near it. I don't think I would, but there is a video online of someone taking a Mini2 over 1500' in Chicago. I don't know if they took off from the street or from an observation deck, but my answer to that question, how high or how far can it go? Higher and farther than even possibly legal.

You can fly 400 ft over a structure if you are flying under Part 107 - not recreationally. There is no ambiguity about how high (above the takeoff point) the Mavics will actually ascend if so commanded - it's the firmware limit of 500 m (1640 ft).

The legality is irrelevant to the aircraft (except arguably in DJI altitude zones) because (1) the aircraft doesn't respect the general 400 ft AGL limit and (2) it generally doesn't know what is underneath it anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson