DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to deal with the iPhone display and full sun?

rmackay

Reactions
How is everyone else dealing with flying the MP during a full sunny day? I can barely see the iPhone screen making it very difficult to fly to how bright it is outside. I tried the DJI shade but that does not work worth a darn. I don't want to use the towel over my head method cuz then I lose line of sight to my drone. Any suggestions or products that would help when flying in bright sun light?

I'm wondering the same, just come from a Galaxy S7 to the iPhone 7, and the S7 display is amazing in full sunlight... the iPhone 7 is utter poop, even on max brightness!! Arrrggghhhhhh.... I so wish Dji could get it together with Android... sigh...

Iphone 7's max brightness can only be achieved by turning on auto brightness
Maybe it'll help

I have no issues on my 6s Plus. Turned the screen brightness up to max, used a matte glass screen protector to eliminate any reflections (unless you want a cereal box attatched to your $1000 drone controller to achieve the same result) and a DJI shade to take the worst of the suns glare off the screen and I can see the screen perfectly even in full sun. I do try and angle myself so that I don't have the sun full on the screen - nothing is going to work if you do that!

matte6splus.jpg

the S7 display is amazing in full sunlight... the iPhone 7 is utter poop, even on max brightness!
In AnandTech's max brightness tests, the S7 display measured 532 nits and the iPhone 7 display measured 603 nits. I haven't tried the S7, but the iPhone 7 has been fantastic for me when flying during the day. I must admit that I don't fly with the sun beating directly on my mobile devices -- as all of them are tough to see in such conditions.

Yeah - I'm not a fan of any of the electronic devices and the sun. Not to mention if you're wearing sunglasses... I'm really new to this, so I'm sure I'll be learning what works - apart from staying in the shade, or adding the 'cereal box' (which I'd hate to do!)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe