DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to Drain Mavic 3 Batteries

redserv

Reactions
Hey guys. I was planning to take my drone out today. however i did not check the forecast only to realize that we ill have rain for the next 3 days. Are there any gadgets that exist that i can use to charge other devices with the Mavic 3 batteries like we had with for my original mavic? The only way I can discharge my batteries is to put in the drone and painfully run it until it gets to 60% for storage.

Reactions: danwnz
There are some commercial solutions but none that I have heard of that are well respected. My current solution is to fly, baby, fly.

There are some commercial solutions but none that I have heard of that are well respected. My current solution is to fly, baby, fly.
Wish I could my friend. Bad Weather just won't allow me

Just let it hover in the house...?

I am in your camp and drain my batteries rather than waiting for auto drain. It would be different if DJI let me set the days to maintain charge to one or even 2 days. Where I live there are rules against flying a drone so I set it to hover 4’ up where it can’t be seen in my courtyard until it gets to 60%. Generally I set mine to sport mode to turn off the annoying collision avoidance alarm.

Reactions: redserv
They'll be just fine if you let them drain down to the storage level on their own.

Let them drain own their own. HOWEVER, know that every time you check the battery level by pressing that button on the back of the battery the discharge algorithm resets and restarts from hour 1.

Eureka! Either DONT TOUCH IT FOR THE WEEK or discharge on your own and check the battery level all you want.

lol Saying that, the Mavic 3 has an internal fan that kicks on and has kept things at a very average temp just sitting on my desk for up to 1/2 hour and then I just turn it off because Im thinking (Paranoid??) it gets too hot or something. Its not. Its almost a lot cooler than when I'm actually flying and come back for a new battery. Maybe that's why it takes nearly an hour and a half to drain a battery rated for 45 mins at this rate... My house temp is about 74 degrees F.

Reactions: redserv
Take your battery

And poke a hole in it.
Just kidding
What I do with my mini 2 is well , of course put the battery in and run it.
The breeze feels good and its a good way to discharge the battery abit faster then just turning it on and let it sit and have the drone just heat up so much it hurts (if you have a drone with no fan)

Don't knock it UNTIL you try it
(or if you really just don't wanna, just leave it alone all together, eventually after a few days it will automatically discharge)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe