DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get a drone?

Helixable

Reactions
I'm 13 years old. I love any thing that has to do with drones and I bought a bebop 2. I sold it for 300 and got scammed to alady who said she was selling mavic pros and lost all of it. Now I'm left with no money and trust from my parents to buy stuff online. I have no scource of income either. I really want a Mavic Pro or even an Air. What should I do?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.... [emoji848]...
seems like you don’t have much choice, you have to find a way to get some $’s... summer is coming, maybe find a job doing odd jobs , cutting grass ,
etc...if your birthday is coming up you can have people give you cash instead of presents ... save up till you have enough money to buy another drone.... maybe your parents will give you a loan to get it sooner ?
Hopefully you’ve learned a lesson and remember that you have to be careful when it comes to dealing with strangers on line or in person ...
If it’s sounds to good to be true, it probably is!!
Good luck !

I sold it for 300 and got scammed to alady who said she was selling mavic pros and lost all of it.
How exactly did you get scammed?

I have no scource of income either. I really want a Mavic Pro or even an Air. What should I do?
Maybe start with something less expensive like a DJI Spark. You could save some money by buying a used Spark.

I agree with Captain Lou, summer is coming and income possibilities should come along with it. He's already mentioned mowing. That's a great gig as long as you have access to a mower. Cleaning up cars for folks can also produce a good paycheck. Running errands for folks can produce some decent tips. The money is out there you just have to decide the best LEGAL way to get it. The summer I turned 13 I worked for a brick layer. I carried bricks and block and mixed mortar. That job payed very good. At the end of the summer I had enough money to repaint my room, put carper on the floor, and put up a door. It was the first room in our house to have carpet and a door. If you want it you will find a way to make it happen and you will appreciate it. jes my .o2

Maybe start with something less expensive like a DJI Spark. You could save some money by buying a used Spark.
The seller claimed she had a surgery and needed to get rif of the drones. After I paid her, she stopped responding.

I agree with Captain Lou, summer is coming and income possibilities should come along with it. He's already mentioned mowing. That's a great gig as long as you have access to a mower. Cleaning up cars for folks can also produce a good paycheck. Running errands for folks can produce some decent tips. The money is out there you just have to decide the best LEGAL way to get it. The summer I turned 13 I worked for a brick layer. I carried bricks and block and mixed mortar. That job payed very good. At the end of the summer I had enough money to repaint my room, put carper on the floor, and put up a door. It was the first room in our house to have carpet and a door. If you want it you will find a way to make it happen and you will appreciate it. jes my .o2
I don't really have any of those option around where I live. :(

Reactions: Ken Bartley
The seller claimed she had a surgery and needed to get rif of the drones. After I paid her, she stopped responding.
How did you pay?

The issue is, I need a scource of income to get a drone. So ye.

The issue here is that you may have recourse and reimbursement obtainable from your bank, money order company, etc. You could find yourself well on the way to a new drone.
Moneygram :( Non refundable and no buyer protection. I dodn't know at the time...

Ah, too bad :(

When buying anything online, make sure you use a safe payment method like a credit card (not a Visa gift card) or PayPal if you're buying from someone you don't know.

Lady lake is next to the Villages... plenty of old folks to do odd jobs for up there. Can you wax a car? That's an easy 50 bucks

Reactions: TR Ganey
I don't really have any of those option around where I live. :(

Lady Lake 1.PNGLady Lake 2.PNG

So you are telling me that you live somewhere in the middle of all this and you can't find a way to make an honest buck?

The grass grows year round in Florida, boats need cleaning year round in Florida, cars need cleaning year round in Florida, windows need cleaning year round in Florida, hedges/bushes need trimmed year round in Florida, garbage needs cleaned up year round in Florida. Sure there's work to it and it's not always pleasant but most folks do go to work to feel pleasant, they go to work to reap the benefits of their labor whatever that may be. Sacrifice some of the time you spend doing other things that you like and do something to earn a few dollars and buy yourself that new drone you want. It really is that simple.

So you are telling me that you live somewhere in the middle of all this and you can't find a way to make an honest buck?
Since the OP is only 13, he really couldn't be hired for most legit jobs due to FL child labor laws.

$14/hour? That's better than $0/hour :) And you can always work your way up from there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roland Brian