DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to get into the real course lock, home lock and follow mode on the Mavic Air

Did you know this before?

• No

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PilotDavid

Reactions
Hey guys,
I’m new in this forum because I believe to have found the original course lock mode etc. for Mavic Air.

I accidentally entered it when I was trying to unplug the Phone from the controller.
I opened the normal Modes “Panel” then unplugged the phone and it jumps to the missing intellegent flight modes they’re all there:
-Course Lock
-Home Lock
-Waypoint
(-Follow mode)
(-Point of Interest)
plugg in the Controller to the Phone and choose the mode.
Done.
Today I tryed it inflight and the Waypoint mode worked just fine.
I am using an IPhone 6s+ and the latest available version of the DJI Go 4.
So I guess it’s a Bugg within the DJI Go 4 App
I don’t know if it is known but I couldn’t find anything on the internet.
If this is old news one can delete this thread.

greetings from Germany.

Attachments

• C70AF5B9-DD67-439E-8E02-0F7A8BA77E39.png
    C70AF5B9-DD67-439E-8E02-0F7A8BA77E39.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • DA42DAFD-CF02-4C8A-8C40-F03686C9E2DF.png
    DA42DAFD-CF02-4C8A-8C40-F03686C9E2DF.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
Hey guys,
I’m new in this forum because I believe to have found the original course lock mode etc. for Mavic Air.

I accidentally entered it when I was trying to unplug the Phone from the controller.
I opened the normal Modes “Panel” then unplugged the phone and it jumps to the missing intellegent flight modes they’re all there:
-Course Lock
-Home Lock
-Waypoint
(-Follow mode)
(-Point of Interest)
plugg in the Controller to the Phone and choose the mode.
Done.
Today I tryed it inflight and the Waypoint mode worked just fine.
I am using an IPhone 6s+ and the latest available version of the DJI Go 4.
So I guess it’s a Bugg within the DJI Go 4 App
I don’t know if it is known but I couldn’t find anything on the internet.
If this is old news one can delete this thread.

greetings from Germany.
Nice find! I have not seen this anywhere else so you should get credit for finding it as far as I know. I always thought it inexplicably DJI decided to simply remove these modes from the app even though the drone is fully capable of it through third party apps.

My opinion is DJI is a terrible company that makes great drones.

Reactions: PilotDavid
Nice find! I have not seen this anywhere else so you should get credit for finding it as far as I know. I always thought it inexplicably DJI decided to simply remove these modes from the app even though the drone is fully capable of it through third party apps.

My opinion is DJI is a terrible company that makes great drones.
Seems true to me :/

I’ve seen this before. But, the modes disappear when I plug the Air back in.

I gave this a very limited try today, and did manage to get the drone to record a waypoint mission using the DJI Go 4 software (rather than Litchi). It took a few attempts of unplugging the phone, but that may be because I am not used to using these flight modes.
(And, by the way, the modes come up in English on an English-based system)
Thanks for sharing, PilotDavid.

Reactions: PilotDavid
I gave this a very limited try today, and did manage to get the drone to record a waypoint mission using the DJI Go 4 software (rather than Litchi). It took a few attempts of unplugging the phone, but that may be because I am not used to using these flight modes.
(And, by the way, the modes come up in English on an English-based system)
Thanks for sharing, PilotDavid.
Nice, thanks for the feedback.
Cheers

Nice find! Thanks for the tip :)

EDIT: Being unfamiliar with Course Lock, I did a little reading and it sounds to me like it provides the same functionality as TapFly in free mode. Or am I missing something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I pulled out an old iPhone 6s and I do see the extra options when I pull out the cable, however as others have mentioned here they go away as soon as I plug back in, I might be missing something ?
For Android I remember an old modded app that brought these features to the Spark so I suppose it might work on the Air too, not sure where I would have put it though and searching for a recent version didn't bring up anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost