DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

How to send MP4 video as email

That is usually not possible because of size restrictions for mails, depending on the mail providers on both ends. The better option is uploading the video to a cloud service such as DropBox or Google Drive, then getting a sharable link from the uploaded file and pasting that link into an email.
The receiver of your mail can then just click onto that link or copy it into his web browser, where the cloud service will offer either playing or downloading the video.

Also with the way attachments are encoded in emails, the email may be 20% bigger than the attachment.

As mentioned above, just about all e-mail providers limit the size of e-mails. It varies by provider. (You'd need to contact your e-mail provider to find the maximum permissible size they allow). Putting your video online and providing a link to is the best way to share vids.

However, if you have a short MP3 clip, say 10 - 20 seconds, the file size it might be under the limit, in which case you'd be able to send it.

To send an MP3 file, you use the 'Attach' function of your e-mail software. Without knowing which software you are using, I can't give a specific answer since the methods differ.

Firefox has an add-on called Firefox send that allows up to 1GB. The receiver gets a link to download. If I remember right, the sender sets a time limit for download (1 day or week). Also you can upload it to YouTube and make it password protected and your friend(s) might be able to download it if they have the right browser add-on.

Reactions: bigswifty
You can send large attachments using Apple Mail, this uploads the file to iCloud and gives the recipient a download link. The file stays in your iCloud storage for one month.

How to set this in Apple Mail: Mail preferences>Accounts, select the account and tick the box in the bottom of the window: "send large attachments with mail drop"

Reactions: bcoles
Information how to send a MP4 file as a email ,please keep it simple if possible
Vimeo has a free membership with a limit of 2GB I think per month. I've been using Vimeo for several years and have a membership for there next level which is not too expensive. 20GB a week for Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 2.06.17 PM.png. You can upload your filse to Vimeo then send the link to anyone anywhere

Thanks Guys I will try your suggestions even I don't know Vimeo but will look in to it Thanks

Vimeo offers a Free Plan of 500 Mb per week which I used for several years and then switched to next plan up (the least expensive) which serves my needs. They also offer analysis of your viewership as far as number of views, percentage of finishes, etc. You can upload 4K, attached any information, etc. I think it is better than You Tube. www.vimeo.com

Firefox has an add-on called Firefox send that allows up to 1GB. The receiver gets a link to download. If I remember right, the sender sets a time limit for download (1 day or week). Also you can upload it to YouTube and make it password protected and your friend(s) might be able to download it if they have the right browser add-on.

Another vote for Firefox Send. Can send 1Gb, or if you make an account (free) you can send 2.5Gb. Works across platforms and across browsers. You can password protect and set time or download limits. I'm a fan, been very happy with it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh