DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hyperlapse External Apps?

Not A Speck Of Cereal

Reactions
I would like to save the DNGs from Mavic Hyperlapse sequences and put them together in post (Windows PC). Can someone recommend a good app for that?

Note that a standard video editor (just creating a video from stills) is not what I mean.

I believe that the video created from the Mavic hyperlapse is not just the stills stitched together, but it's also stabilizing to make it smooth (which is why the video looks cropped when compared to the still images).

Just stitching the DNGs to create a video in Premier (or whatever video app you use) isn't doing that stabilization. [EDIT: or is there stablization that I'm not aware of?]

Apps designed for timelapse also do not stabilize (the crop feature alone is not stabilization — it's just crop).

Microsoft Hyperlapse is free, but it won't work. I think it only works on video for source rather than stills (correct me if I'm wrong -- I've been using it since it was a paid-for app and it was always using videos as source for me), and it's severally lacking in functionality / features.

I've googled, but can't find anything (lots of phone apps, the Instagram thing, but that's not the same).

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

Last edited:
I use lightroom to"develop" my pics and then move to Davinci Resolve (free) where I import and select "generate optimise media" and then warp stabilise.

Cool, thanks. I'm downloading Resolve now.

I already post-process the Mavic DNGs in Lightroom.

Thanks again,
Chris

cheers

I use LR timelapse to process the DNGs, remove flickr, colour correct and so on. Its a fantastic addon.
Then i usually stabilise in Premiere using Warp stabiliser.

That’s what I used to do until I tried the “optimise media” in resolve as well as the warp stab. It makes a great difference

LRtimelapse is great -- I use it for land-based time-lapse (especially holy grail). I haven't tried it yet for these Mavic Hyperlapses, but I will soon... and have Resolved installed now for the stabilization part.

I hadn't heard of Resolves Optimise Media, so I'll look into that, but I'm addicted to the abilities in Lightroom -- is Resolves Optimise Media as good?

Chris

It is. At the press of a button you can certainly see that it smooths the end product out

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot