DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I crashed my mavic 2 pro... camera faces down.

Justin8a

Reactions
Everything else on the mavic works fine. The camera stays facing down when off though. I can move it in any direction manually but will center itself facing down. When I turn it on it positions itself normally and works normal. Only when I fly and move it around the camera drifts and faces down, I can't move it or anything at this point. Once I let it hover in place it'll go back to normal. I don't think it's the gimbal. I think it has something to do with the arm that holds the camera.

Any ideas? Help?

Everything else on the mavic works fine. The camera stays facing down when off though. I can move it in any direction manually but will center itself facing down. When I turn it on it positions itself normally and works normal. Only when I fly and move it around the camera drifts and faces down, I can't move it or anything at this point. Once I let it hover in place it'll go back to normal. I don't think it's the gimbal. I think it has something to do with the arm that holds the camera.

Any ideas? Help?
Have you reflashed your drone. If so, and the problem persists I’d recommend contacting DJI.

Have you reflashed your drone. If so, and the problem persists I’d recommend contacting DJI.
What do you mean by reflash? I've calibrated it... that's about it. Btw I've contacted them and they want me to sent it in.

Only when I fly and move it around the camera drifts and faces down, I can't move it or anything at this point.
Does this happen when not flying in sport mode?

This only happens when flying, from what I remember in P and S mode it happens. Haven't tried it in tripod mode. When I fly it around the camera just drops and faces down. Only when I let it hover in place it goes back to normal. Once I move it again the same thing happens. When I turn it off the camera drops facing down. I noticed when i move the camera facing forward myself (when off) there's some tension.

No idea if this will help, but I crashed my MP2 Enterprise Zoom and had very similar results regarding the camera vs the drone still flying etc.as original post. I sent mine to DJI. The parts included a " Core Board Module" $420.00, "Gimbal ECS Board" $46.00 and "Gimbal Axis Arm Module" $88.00 as well as some other parts to repair some cosmetic damage resulting from the crash. Total cost $758.00. OUCH! I'm sharing this because, while I hope for you that I'm wrong, your damage may be contributed to those same module/boards that I couldn't see just looking at the overall damage. Like the original poster, my drone otherwise started and flew as normal.
Hope this helps. (?)

Dam, I'm not trying to pay any more than like 200$. Specially since I just got the drone. ??‍♂️Lol that does give me an idea what might be wrong though. I appreciate it. Thank you.
I just know that camera just drops and faces down. It doesn't go crazy or anything, but I can't make it move while this is happening. I have to let it sit in place, then it'll go back to normal. If I move it again the same thing happens.

Hi i have the same problem as you after crashing. The gimbal face down when it off. Did you find a solution ? Thanks

Hi i have the same problem as you after crashing. The gimbal face down when it off. Did you find a solution ? Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98