DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I got a new Mavic Pro 2 and looking into getting a Commercial Part 107

Travis9890

Reactions
I just purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and will be using it for professional aerial photography.
Any advise on what filter I am needing to use?
Advise of the 107 UAS license or test?
What would be the best software for video editing
Thank you

Have a look around and you will find all you ask.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Get your feet wet by watching this video for Part 107. Even though I had a background in aviation I found this video sufficient to pass the test. Just make sure to study the topics.

I just purchased a Mavic Pro 2 and will be using it for professional aerial photography.
Thank you
Howdy from Wyoming @Travis9890 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Thank you
Hi Travis, and welcome!
I have to assume that you are not a professional photographer yet based on the filter questions and software inquiry. (nor am I, FWIW)
Do you have a specific plan on what you are going to photograph professionally?
What time of day will these professional aerial photos be taken? (that will help define a filter, if one is needed) You have a lot of competition here, there are more pros here than you can shake a stick at!
Someone should come along and help shortly!

Don't take the Part 107 test too lightly. I studied everything online and took several practice tests, then when I took the test, there were only a few questions that I recognized. I got a very high score and you can miss quite a few questions and still pass, but you don't want to spend another $150 to retake it. Many of the questions have nothing to do with flying a drone, but are about general aviation, such as runway markers, tower frequencies and cloud formations. Learn to read the airspace maps.

Hi Travis, and welcome!
I have to assume that you are not a professional photographer yet based on the filter questions and software inquiry. (nor am I, FWIW)
Do you have a specific plan on what you are going to photograph professionally?
What time of day will these professional aerial photos be taken? (that will help define a filter, if one is needed) You have a lot of competition here, there are more pros here than you can shake a stick at!
Someone should come along and help shortly!

I have a small history in aviation but I don't have any photography experience. After putting together a LLC I can see that there are a lot of businesses that use drones. Finding a name was VERY hard. I have been studying the part 107 test and will schedule as soon as I create my LLC. I will be taking photos of real estate, agriculture inspection and building inspection. It's a big leap but I am wanting a hobby and a second income out of it.

I will be taking photos in the late morning and early evening to try to get the sun and the clouds in the shot.

The one thing that is not clear to me is the Class D airspace. Most of the realestate is in the the class D airspace. I have been reading 2 things about class D. 1 you have to write a letter to the FAA 90 days in advance and asking clearance and 2 to ask permission to the tower of your traffic. Which one is it?

I have a small history in aviation but I don't have any photography experience. After putting together a LLC I can see that there are a lot of businesses that use drones. Finding a name was VERY hard. I have been studying the part 107 test and will schedule as soon as I create my LLC. I will be taking photos of real estate, agriculture inspection and building inspection. It's a big leap but I am wanting a hobby and a second income out of it.

I will be taking photos in the late morning and early evening to try to get the sun and the clouds in the shot.

The one thing that is not clear to me is the Class D airspace. Most of the realestate is in the the class D airspace. I have been reading 2 things about class D. 1 you have to write a letter to the FAA 90 days in advance and asking clearance and 2 to ask permission to the tower of your traffic. Which one is it?
Basically, if DJI Go 4 lets you take off, then you are OK to fly. If it says you're in a NFZ then follow the instructions here. Chances are, they will allow you to unlock your area. The letters to FAA are for authorizations and waivers to fly in very restricted areas or at night, over people, out of sight, etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gebert94403