DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I hate it when.....

If she found me I'd just put the FPV headset on her too.

"APB on the VR headset fugitive, last seen accosting innocent members of the public before abruptly whipping out a headset and fitting it to the victims head".

Victims reported that after the initial shock they found the experience pleasurable. Although this was followed by an urge to go online and spend thousands in order to quell their new addiction.

Reactions: Soundtekk and X424
I flew above the Bratton White Horse on Monday. I spent a good half battery talking with 2 groups of people who just wanted to know what it was, and how was it so stable in the gusty wind coming up over the ridge line. Show them the video output and how controllable and manouverable ithe drone was and both groups went away happy and wondering where/how they can get one.
You do need to be careful up there but there have been all types of flyer there from rc gliders, electric foam bodied aircraft and hang gliders. So it was a case of hover close while talking and keep an eye on everything.

Reactions: X424 and Soundtekk
I flew above the Bratton White Horse on Monday. I spent a good half battery talking with 2 groups of people who just wanted to know what it was, and how was it so stable in the gusty wind coming up over the ridge line. Show them the video output and how controllable and manouverable ithe drone was and both groups went away happy and wondering where/how they can get one.
You do need to be careful up there but there have been all types of flyer there from rc gliders, electric foam bodied aircraft and hang gliders. So it was a case of hover close while talking and keep an eye on everything.
Just whip out the FPVs Bob, 2 minutes per customer. You can get a whole family of passers-by done in 10 minutes, still have 7 minutes of Sports mode for yourself and land with 20 percent. Job done, Mavic Ambassador of The Year.

I just took off on Saturday evening, when this woman appears from a walkway tunnel and enquires "is that yours, as I've been hearing it buzzing around all day?" I answered honestly when I said "yes, but I only just arrived so couldn't have been mine you heard". She muttered something and walked on. It's probably still buzzing in her head now.

Reactions: X424
I just took off on Saturday evening, when this woman appears from a walkway tunnel and enquires "is that yours, as I've been hearing it buzzing around all day?" I answered honestly when I said "yes, but I only just arrived so couldn't have been mine you heard". She muttered something and walked on. It's probably still buzzing in her head now.
FPV her.

Reactions: TD12
She bought it for me. Guess its approved. She also approved of the sports car in the garage. Thanks for all the input. Ill check into what the big birds are using.

Reactions: MacPap
Bet you'll be popular with the wife when she finds out £1000 of the family budget is getting reallocated for the new pastime. Good job she doesn't know where to find you...

Funny....I had a gut check out my racer and say "oh my wife is gonna hate you now"

I was thinking yeah not my prob pal lol

I find it the other way around, my Mavic seems to be stealthy. I did catch a creeper, creeping on me though. Flying back I seen a dude walking towards me and he hid behind a tree back behind my car (had the hatch up sitting in it flying), watched him, then he spotted the mavic and took off..

That's pretty crazy. I've had people drive around trying to spot me. That's the great thing about having a small transmitter. If I didn't have magnetic interference I would launch it from my car incognito.

Reactions: Kestrel
That's pretty crazy. I've had people drive around trying to spot me. That's the great thing about having a small transmitter. If I didn't have magnetic interference I would launch it from my car incognito.
I'll launch outside the car and sit in the car, I try to avoid as much people as possible.

Just about every ham radio operator tells the story about the neighbor who complains about the new antenna causing problems with their TV, even when they show the neighbor that the feed line isn't installed yet or that they've been out of town all week and haven't been using it, etc.

Some people's brains just work that way.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga