DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I hate it when.....

brantdw

Reactions
You know I hate it when people can spot my Mavic at 150 feet up. Its rather quiet, but being almost black its too **** visible. They look around and try to find out who is flying it. I dont want to be a creeper and take shots that go over the line with decency. I just wand to fly it unnoticed and get the shot intended. Is there a good color to paint the thing to blend in with the sky a bit more. This would be for 100+ feet flying against the sky.

I find it the other way around, my Mavic seems to be stealthy. I did catch a creeper, creeping on me though. Flying back I seen a dude walking towards me and he hid behind a tree back behind my car (had the hatch up sitting in it flying), watched him, then he spotted the mavic and took off..

Reactions: Volrath
You know I hate it when people can spot my Mavic at 150 feet up. Its rather quiet, but being almost black its too **** visible. They look around and try to find out who is flying it. I dont want to be a creeper and take shots that go over the line with decency. I just wand to fly it unnoticed and get the shot intended. Is there a good color to paint the thing to blend in with the sky a bit more. This would be for 100+ feet flying against the sky.

Ww2 Spitfires for recon were pink

Although it's quiet, on very calm days it's surprising how far away it can be heard especially if you do any adjustments in position
Just hovering is a more constant buzz which sounds like any other distant machine.
Agree despite being smaller than phantom it's easier to see against sky and white cloud.

Why stealth? I think you're wrong and maybe doing us all not a favor? Do the other way. Use bright clothes make some noise, show how it looks at youre screen. I do think that will get our hobby more dedramatized...

Why stealth? I think you're wrong and maybe doing us all not a favor? Do the other way. Use bright clothes make some noise, show how it looks at youre screen. I do think that will get our hobby more dedramatized...
I think he just want to take some nice pictures with people acting naturally, without looking or waving to the camera....

There are plenty of places to buy skins for your mavic. I'm sure there are some skins that are less obvious in the sky.

Paint it white underneath. It will blend on cloudy days and look like a fast moving cloud on sunny days. ;)

Ill keep poking around for ideas. Im on the fence with the Pink idea. The root of the problem is that everyone wants to gather around, fly it and then the kids spot it. Good luck trying to find a safe place to land after that. After years of flying I just want to be stealth get the shot and go home.

Reactions: MacPap
I bought some invisible paint on eBay. Works a treat.

A Marshall's amp sited on the ground, in the locality you are flying, playing distorted buzzing noises also creates an excellent decoy.

Maybe if you talk to yourself and the occasional screem, people will just not bother walking up to you.

+1 to this. People come up to me all the time and want to check out my screen. Yesterday I even threw some FPV goggles on a guy and his son. They were blown away and said they couldn't wait to get home to tell the wife about it.

Best defense is a good offense.

Reactions: Soundtekk
+1 to this. People come up to me all the time and want to check out my screen. Yesterday I even threw some FPV goggles on a guy and his son. They were blown away and said they couldn't wait to get home to tell the wife about it.

Best defense is a good offense.

Bet you'll be popular with the wife when she finds out £1000 of the family budget is getting reallocated for the new pastime. Good job she doesn't know where to find you...

Reactions: Soundtekk
Bet you'll be popular with the wife when she finds out £1000 of the family budget is getting reallocated for the new pastime. Good job she doesn't know where to find you...
If she found me I'd just put the FPV headset on her too.

I have been thinking about changing to a color making mine more visible. I try to fly legal and find it hard to keep in sight. Lost it a few times look down at controller then back up and i cant see it anymore.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000