DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I have the Mavic 2. Videos suck without sound.

Are you looking for live sound of what you are videoing? That would be difficult due to the noise from the drone. If you are looking to add music to a clip, then video editing software such as DaVinci Resolve (free) can be used to add audio to your video. The are others but DR is quite good and the price is right.

Are you looking for live sound of what you are videoing? That would be difficult due to the noise from the drone.
Yep... buzzzzzzzzzzz

The are others but DR is quite good and the price is right.
IF your computer has the horsepower to handle it. lol

Seriously though, background music/audio clips are all over the place. A search of this site would turn up a lot of them

What sound App do you use and or recommend?
For music and Sound FX I use Epidemic Sound they have a great selection, especially worth it if you are monetizing on YouTube. If you want background sound of your environment you can always launch your Voice Recorder app on your mobile device or use an external audio recorder like THIS. Fly safe and have fun!

Ok. I apricate the feed back. I'd love to be able to do what some of you are putting out on your videos. Maybe one day I will be there...lol. Im looking at being able to record sounds that are occurring at time of videoing. I videoed a firework show and it would have been cool with sound. Been looking at some Apps and I'm getting mixed feelings when I read reviews

Reactions: fredyt123
For sounds from the fireworks, you need an external microphone with a recorder or maybe a good cell phone to record simultaneously with the drone flight. In the post-processing with e.g. DR, the sound track can be added to the videotrack from the drone.

What sound App do you use and or recommend?

Tascam dr-40x placed on the ground, near whatever your filming if the subject is stationary. (Or attached to a moving subject that is being tracked)

if you are traversing a large distance with the drone and the subject changes there aren’t any good recording options

For sounds from the fireworks, you need an external microphone with a recorder or maybe a good cell phone to record simultaneously with the drone flight. In the post-processing with e.g. DR, the sound track can be added to the videotrack from the drone.

Thanks for the sub, subbed you back

One question I need to ask, is youtube being strange or am I misunderstanding something.

I saw your comment on the notifications, but the comment is not on the video, I can only see your comment on the bell icon.

This has been happening to me sporadically with other viewers, and It makes it impossible for me to reply to people commenting on my videos.

Did you delete the comment or is there some feature I am not aware that lets people send a private message to the channel owner?

Reactions: fredyt123
Thanks for the sub, subbed you back

One question I need to ask, is youtube being strange or am I misunderstanding something.

I saw your comment on the notifications, but the comment is not on the video, I can only see your comment on the bell icon.

This has been happening to me sporadically with other viewers, and It makes it impossible for me to reply to people commenting on my videos.

Did you delete the comment or is there some feature I am not aware that lets people send a private message to the channel owner?
no i think that will come later....and yes YT is sometimes strange...

Im looking at being able to record sounds that are occurring at time of videoing. I videoed a firework show and it would have been cool with sound.
Any recording of a fireworks display would work with very little syncing. Movie magic.

Reactions: Dan Shaw
Ok. I apricate the feed back. I'd love to be able to do what some of you are putting out on your videos. Maybe one day I will be there...lol. Im looking at being able to record sounds that are occurring at time of videoing. I videoed a firework show and it would have been cool with sound. Been looking at some Apps and I'm getting mixed feelings when I read reviews
A shotgun mic. Point it toward the area your filming. It may pick up some of the sounds. A shotgun mic with a parabolic dome is even better. Then sync it with the footage. A lot of private investigators use them, for long distance audio surveillence.

I've had several drones with go pro cameras which do have sound. It is totally useless, all you hear is the propeller noise very loud. To record what you're hearing on the ground, you would have to record with some type of audio recorder, and then bring the audio into the video later using a video editor like the ones mentioned by some of the other folks. That's why folks normally just add music of some sort, just to add some type of sound to the video. The noise at the drone would be of no use. Unless of course you could come up with a way to dangle a microphone 20 or 30 feet below the drone ?

Most devices have a audio recording app that can run in the background or a screen recorder that will capture sound. You are limited to either the Mic in the device, or if you can add an external mic, that might improve the sound of course if its directional and aiming specially at what audio you want to capture, which of course for Fireworks are the shell explosions. You should be flying high or far enough for a good view of the show, but not necessarily capture the drone of the drone...

Once you have a recording, its merely a matter of transferring it to your editor and synch to your video. If you used a screen capture, you'd need to separate the audio track from the video and there are probably tools to do that as well.

I Use a Zoom H4N, these are very compact and can record at 96 kHz / 24-Bit in MP3 or WAV and even though the onboard mics are great, you can even plug in a standard or shotgun microphone to further enhance your sound.

zoom.jpg

I Use a Zoom H4N, these are very compact and can record at 96 kHz / 24-Bit in MP3 or WAV and even though the onboard mics are great, you can even plug in a standard or shotgun microphone to further enhance your sound.

View attachment 133253
It does appear to be an excellent device. though I think most people would not want to spend close to the cost of a Mini to record audio for their drone flights at almost $450 and perhaps less for an older version if available, perhaps thats just me,,

Reactions: Dan Shaw

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas