DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I need a new computer for this 4K footage!

Mavic_Ward

Reactions
I'm in need of a new photo and video editing machine. Does anyone know if applications such as Lightroom, Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements support and take advantage of CrossFireX graphics cards. The new machine I'm looking at has the following specs:

Intel Core i5 6th Gen 6600K (3.50 GHz)
16 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD 120 GB SSD
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
AMD Radeon RX 480 4 GB GDDR5 (CrossFireX)

I'll need it to process RAW images as well as edit 4K video from my drone.

I have been editing videos on Premiere & After Effects and RAW Files in Lightroom for some time with no problems on a far less capable machine. I am sure you will be happy with that set up!

I have been editing videos on Premiere & After Effects and RAW Files in Lightroom for some time with no problems on a far less capable machine. I am sure you will be happy with that set up!
I'm sure I will as well, but I have the option of getting this machine with the dual GPU Crossfire setup or waiting for another with a single NVIDIA GPU. So I'm wondering if those applications support the dual Crossfire cards.

I've been hunting the interwebs, but can't find an answer.

Adobe programs = Nvidia GPU...

theyre optimized to take advantage of the Cuda core's on the Nvidia cards and much less so the OpenCL architecture of the AMD cards

Reactions: Mavic_Ward
Adobe programs = Nvidia GPU...

theyre optimized to take advantage of the Cuda core's on the Nvidia cards and much less so the OpenCL architecture of the AMD cards
But unfortunately the Elements-versions don't support Cuda-cores...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S