DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I purchased 2 MPPs should I have purchased 2 different drones?

Oh you're "off the grid" ;)

edc66a9ab1b602b6e93c8c0e33851e47.png
that’s me

Ahh, that's why I keep earring banjos in the background! lol

Lol I said in another post about people shooting down drones it’s one of my fears here there’s a lot of strange people in this area!

If you had been hooked when the earlier DJI models were out, you might own a Phantom Version.

I have my first DJI Phantom 3 4K as my back-up. I have something with similar camera abilities, just as my P3 4K provides.

Your thinking is very sound. A mechanic, race car driver, even pilots have back-ups if it involves your money making livelihood.

Can I ask you a question please regarding the Vision 2 Plus...
I have this as a backup as well (unable to afford 2xPlatinums) however, my question reaching out for help is I am unable to get the screen/video to show anything, in other word I can fly like hell but cannot connect to the camera on my galaxy 8 plus....keeps showing "BROKEN CONNECTION" previously when I purchased it, many times that same message occured but eventually it would connect to screen.
Remember it's connecting to the drone no problem just nothing on the screen when I press Camera...any help appreciated..

I have this as a backup as well (unable to afford 2xPlatinums) however, my question reaching out for help is I am unable to get the screen/video to show anything, in other word I can fly like **** but cannot connect to the camera on my galaxy 8 plus....keeps showing "BROKEN CONNECTION" previously when I purchased it, many times that same message occured but eventually it would connect to screen.
Remember it's connecting to the drone no problem just nothing on the screen when I press Camera...any help appreciated..

The vision app is probably not compatible with the latest version of android on the S8+, have you tried with a older phone or tablet.

You could try turning down the S8+ screen resolution

I have this as a backup as well (unable to afford 2xPlatinums) however, my question reaching out for help is I am unable to get the screen/video to show anything, in other word I can fly like **** but cannot connect to the camera on my galaxy 8 plus....keeps showing "BROKEN CONNECTION" previously when I purchased it, many times that same message occured but eventually it would connect to screen.

This might not be much help but I have a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 and it’s the biggest piece of CrAp I have ever owned! Nothing but issues since new because of the Shell app Samsung forces on the owners! You can’t remove it without rooting the device! Something I’m going to do now that the warranty is over! I will never buy a Samsung Android device again! They have to much going on in the OS that causes complications with other apps and such! I would try another non Samsung device and see if that helps? Mine stopped working with the Bluetooth in my SUV after a Samsung update! That broke it! And after over a year have not fixed it like that don’t want it talking to a Kenwood product?

My second drone is a small toy to play indoor.
Good to develop piloting reflex.

You need "son of Mavic" to exactly mirror the MP flying experience on a smaller scale

mavic case - Copy cropped.jpg

I’m wondering if I made the right decision to get 2 MPPs or should I have gotten 1 MPP and a Spark or one of The mavics big brothers? They all have different personalities! My reasoning to get 2 MPPs was backup of something I will be familiar with if one malfunctions or ? Who knows anything can happen?

You did the right thing I have the Mavic pro and the Mavic platinum and the spark. to me, just my opinion the spark is worthless. At first it was cool when it did the sphere and panorama but now the Mavic does it, which makes it even better. The Mavic is a beast I love it.

You did the right thing I have the Mavic pro and the Mavic platinum and the spark. to me, just my opinion the spark is worthless. At first it was cool when it did the sphere and panorama but now the Mavic does it, which makes it even better. The Mavic is a beast I love it.

Yea the mavic seems very solid for a folding drone! I read it has a magnesium frame inside making it light and strong! I don’t know if the arms are the same inside? I’m only worried that the Hinges on the arms will wear out from use? Time will tell.

Yea the mavic seems very solid for a folding drone! I read it has a magnesium frame inside making it light and strong! I don’t know if the arms are the same inside? I’m only worried that the Hinges on the arms will wear out from use? Time will tell.

Yes that is my worry to, how long the arms are going to hold up to being open and shut, up and down. I have had my mavic pro a month after it came out. I have used it (almost) every day. What I mean is, it is still going strong. I hope I have a lot more time with it.

Yes that is my worry to, how long the arms are going to hold up to being open and shut, up and down. I have had my mavic pro a month after it came out. I have used it (almost) every day. What I mean is, it is still going strong. I hope I have a lot more time with it.

If the arms start to get sloppy it might make for a interesting flight? Like a driving a car or truck with worn front suspension parts

If the arms start to get sloppy it might make for a interesting flight? Like a driving a car or truck with worn front suspension parts

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I do think more than one drone is a good idea for many obvious reasons. I started with a p3s as it was a refurb and cheap and I needed to learn. I then bounced up to a P4 and then a MP. I am seriously thinking of selling the P3 as I only use it as a guinea pig for litchi tests. for me the P4 is the easiest to fly and the mavic the most practical. I doubt I would own two of the same however as each has strong and weak points. I guess the thing I don't like about the p3 is that it constantly drifts so it's hard to do close up shots without getting sea sick.

If I could afford to buy two of anything done related at once, I would!! Always good to have a backup if you got the money and space. Two MPPs seem like a no brainer so Good for you!

Having the same sUAS for backup is good judgement in my mind.

Same batteries, same replacement blades, same battery charger. If you purchased 2 different systems of course you probably would have increased costs and learning curves, different battery flight times,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J