DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Wish I would have known about the Pause button

Geez ... thought to the very end that it would make it through, it will hit, NO ... now it will hit, eh NO ... now then, it cleared that one to, IT WILL MAKE IT ... NO, it didn't ?

Reactions: dougiefresh27
Geez ... thought to the very end that it would make it through, it will hit, NO ... now it will hit, eh NO ... now then, it cleared that one to, IT WILL MAKE IT ... NO, it didn't ?
I first was horrified that it is stuck 60 feet up in a tree, then, it did a free fall to hard dirt. I'm in the process of taking it apart to see if the front sensor has just come undone. I did re calibrate the compass and IMU.

Here is my flight record
Comments?

Not much to say ... you know what happened.

The AC did everything by the book ... the gohome battery % were 19 so when your battery reached down to that level gohome was commanded & the AC started it's ascent to gohome height set to 30m. At 14m it hits the first branches & 2sec after both notEnoughtForce & MotorBlocked flags is generated... and the MA goes down.

Worth noting is that when the gohome started the MA were 29,9m out from the HP ... if it been below 20m the outcome had been totally different. Look at the orange marking below from the user manual (the AC were at 1.3m height when gohome started) ...

1582818345375.png

Just another reason to review ALL your settings before each flight. Not only can you set the action on loss of signal to hover when you are under tree cover, you can turn off Smart RTH and stop RTH on low battery.
No capability to change loss of signal to hover or to turn off RTH on low battery in Mavic Air. Don't know about the other Mavics but since they all use DJI GO 4 they're probably the same. What you are suggesting sounds like Phantom in original DJI GO.

Sorry about your mishap. That is one of the things you can add to your emergency procedure list.
I use my list all the time to check off certain procedures.
1. Pre flight Checklist (at base)
2. Pre flight checklist (in field
3.Take 0ff procedure
4.After takeoff procedure
5.After landing checklist
6.Emergency procedure
On mine, I have 10 directives as what to do, when satellite connection is lost. As a example. Good to review Emergency procedures before flight.
I can't think as fast as some of you young ones. I have to go over info, for example my battery did not click in place properly, was getting low battery signal. Surprised it even went up, but that's just me.
What do you use for your checklists? Do you have an app?

No capability to change loss of signal to hover or to turn off RTH on low battery in Mavic Air. Don't know about the other Mavics but since they all use DJI GO 4 they're probably the same. What you are suggesting sounds like Phantom in original DJI GO.
No, these options are all available in Go4 for my Mavic Pro. I often fly under tree cover in wooded areas. The last thing I want is for the relatively dumb drone to make an uncommanded rise into branches or try to RTH via a direct line through a stand of trees. I just want it to stay put until I can regain control or land or hand catch.
In Go4 -
Smart RTH on low battery is on the Battery page, choice are on/off.
Action on loss of signal on advanced settings of Drone page, choices are RTH, Land or Hover.
I rarely use RTH.

Last edited:
What do you use for your checklists? Do you have an app?
Not as detailed as yours but I still do a thorough check.
Upon take off I go up to about 15' and hover and if all is stable I go on my flight which is usually planned
This accident was totally user error
Pushing the limits

No, these options are all available in Go4 for my Mavic Pro. I often fly under tree cover in wooded areas. The last thing I want is for the relatively dumb drone to make an uncommanded rise into branches or try to RTH via a direct line through a stand of trees. I just want it to stay put until I can regain control or land or hand catch.
In Go4 -
Smart RTH on low battery is on the Battery page, choice are on/off.
Action on loss of signal on advanced settings of Drone page, choices are RTH, Land or Hover.
I rarely use RTH.
Thanks for this information. I found the loss of signal setting but I have looked until I'm crosseyed and can't find on/off RTH on the battery page, however I did find it in the GO4 manual. I guess, for some reason, DJI decided that Mavic Air pilots don't need that option :-( I too rarely use RTH when flying Phantom birds since I frequently fly under tree cover.

Thanks for this information. I found the loss of signal setting but I have looked until I'm crosseyed and can't find on/off RTH on the battery page, however I did find it in the GO4 manual. I guess, for some reason, DJI decided that Mavic Air pilots don't need that option :-( I too rarely use RTH when flying Phantom birds since I frequently fly under tree cover.

You don't see this?

IMG_F970785FD8AE-1.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun