DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I would kill for an offical bigger battery...

Divine_Madcat

Reactions
So, having some downtime yesterday to think (yay battery charging), i couldn't help but stare at my Mavic and see just how much room there is to make that battery bigger.

I know that adding bulge to the side would inhibit folding, but the top is nice and clear, and you could easily add an aerodynamic bulge and pack a bigger cell in there. And sure, i realize there is always the numbers behind weight and efficiency, but i can't help but believe that the Mavic wouldn't wind up better with an extended cell on there.

I realize too people have rigged up flying fire hazards, and i celebrate the ingenuity. But for us regular guys... i would kill for an official solution..

That would be murder!! Just buy yourself a couple extra and stay out of prison son! :p

I think everyone would. Just think of all the guys that bought these expensive cases though that won’t be able to fit their new big batteries in them LOL. I’ve been hoping they would do this. I held back on buying a third battery and I’m glad I did now I can get A big battery instead of buying another of the same ones.

A bigger battery that you can just slip on when needing that extra boost, sounds good. Doesn't really need to be foldable.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Again, why? Please elaborate

I guess it’s just me then. The self tightening props on the phantom are so easy. And they give you piece of mind. The tiny locking tabs for the Mavic props are not as durable as I’d like. I had one snap on me already. I’m sure it was user error. But you don’t have to worry about that with the phantom props. Not to mention all you do is just spend them with your finger and they locked down on their own. Much easier to take on and off . When did you spend them and they stop spinning you know they’re locked in. The Mavic you have to push down and turn and even when you do that with them they’re not always locked in. I always double check them on the Mavic after install and try to go back-and-forth with them and even though they feel like they’re locked in they are not always even though they look like they are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan