DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

If I Keep Throwing Money At It...

Lon Denard

Reactions
...I may someday be able to comfortably edit H265 video! Alienware Z370 motherboard, Intel I7 8700 processor, 48GB 2933 mhz ram, Nvidia 1080TI GPU 20 minutes to render! Geez!

Very cool! Nicely done! What software? 20 Minutes isn't too bad for a 4 minute video. That's about the same ratio I get on mine using Resolve Studio 15 on my Alienware with same specs except I only have 32GB Ram.

i7 8700 + GTX card does not a workstation make, not matter how depressing the HEDT price tags are... :p

EDIT: What settings did you record the video with, and what were the project settings in the video render? Perhaps it's just youtube, but there seems to be some stuttering, especially near the start of the clip. Can also mean the render is too fast, sometimes turning down the render speed can help to smooth things out.

Last edited:
i7 8700 + GTX card does not a workstation make, not matter how depressing the HEDT price tags are... :p

EDIT: What settings did you record the video with, and what were the project settings in the video render? Perhaps it's just youtube, but there seems to be some stuttering, especially near the start of the clip. Can also mean the render is too fast, sometimes turning down the render speed can help to smooth things out.

Mavic 2 Pro H265 10 bit. I used Power Director 16 (because it's easy!). Standard render speed, I believe. I didn't use any speed enhancing software settings, anyway. To H265 3840x2160 (or there about, I'm not home). I should probably render to H264 for YouTube, yes? Thanks for any tips!

I want to use high quality settings, not for YouTube. Check my channel, I record almost every motorcycle ride and I've been flying drones since you before you could mount a GoPro to them. I have terabytes of video that I haven't shared because I record video mostly for me! Hahaha! I'm trying to share more which has prompted this new interest in editing...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4wd
Very cool! Nicely done! What software? 20 Minutes isn't too bad for a 4 minute video. That's about the same ratio I get on mine using Resolve Studio 15 on my Alienware with same specs except I only have 32GB Ram.

Power Director 16. I bought Premiere Pro but the learning curve is steep and PD is super easy to use!

A couple of things about Power Director 16, one, there are a lot of complaints that its not programed to use Nvidia GPU cards, it wont use mine, its one of the biggest complaints about this program, there might be some work arounds for it.

Make sure you have Shadow Files ( proxy files) enabled, that will make it easier to edit larger video clips such as 4k , it will make the editing process smoother , no point in making your machine work harder if doenst need too( it only applys to editing, not rendering.)

A couple of things about Power Director 16, one, there are a lot of complaints that its not programed to use Nvidia GPU cards, it wont use mine, its one of the biggest complaints about this program, there might be some work arounds for it.

Make sure you have Shadow Files ( proxy files) enabled, that will make it easier to edit larger video clips such as 4k , it will make the editing process smoother , no point in making your machine work harder if doenst need too( it only applys to editing, not rendering.)

Thank you! I did enable shadow files.

Reactions: jws926
Thank you! I did enable shadow files.
Awesome, for shadow files, when you import your clips, there is going to be a little box on the bottom right of the clip, when that little box turns green, it means that you will be using a shadow file for it.

I have found this guys Youtube channel very helpful and learned a lot about the program and how to do things
PowerDirector University

Awesome, for shadow files, when you import your clips, there is going to be a little box on the bottom right of the clip, when that little box turns green, it means that you will be using a shadow file for it.

I have found this guys Youtube channel very helpful and learned a lot about the program and how to do things
PowerDirector University

Thanks for the tip! I'm trying to use Premiere Pro and I'm making headway.

20181114_182457.jpg

Latest installment, 64g DDR4 3200 ram. The computer came with optane memory so I'm barely resisting getting an 500g Samsung 970 Evo Pro ssd pci nvme card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying