DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 If you have birdphobia don't watch this

christangey

Reactions
Site
www.alicespringsfilmtv.com.au
A gentle holiday moment for you. I think this was my most enjoyable 2 minutes of flying ever. I honestly believe these cockatoos were happy for me to join their flock for a while. Select to view in 4K is best.

A gentle holiday moment for you. I think this was my most enjoyable 2 minutes of flying ever. I honestly believe these cockatoos were happy for me to join their flock for a while. Select to view in 4K is best.
Here is the term I think you wanted.

Frankly, the birds kept flying away from the trees as the drone approached. That's ok though. I would have done the same thing.
Dale
1672163339871.png

Here is the term I think you wanted.

Frankly, the birds kept flying away from the trees as the drone approached. That's ok though. I would have done the same thing.
Dale
View attachment 158737
They flew "away" once as the drone approached, but they joined the drone in-flight several times after that. Rather than flying away it could equally be seen as them taking off to get a closer look. Corellas are very curious of drones, and I have observed their behavior all over Australia.

They flew "away" once as the drone approached, but they joined the drone in-flight several times after that. Rather than flying away it could equally be seen as them taking off to get a closer look. Corellas are very curious of drones, and I have observed their behavior all over Australia.
I’ll second that. I was taking aerial shots at one of the many silo art sites in South Australia and shortly after take-off my drone was surrounded by them. No attempt to attack. I landed and many of them flew to the ground and walked up to the drone to take a closer look. Again, no attempt to attack just a look of curiosity. Once they eventually dispersed I launched again and all but one took no notice at all.

They are very intelligent, playful birds and take interest in anything new to them.

Reactions: christangey
I’ll second that. I was taking aerial shots at one of the many silo art sites in South Australia and shortly after take-off my drone was surrounded by them. No attempt to attack. I landed and many of them flew to the ground and walked up to the drone to take a closer look. Again, no attempt to attack just a look of curiosity. Once they eventually dispersed I launched again and all but one took no notice at all.

They are very intelligent, playful birds and take interest in anything new to them.
couldn't have said it better myself!

This is an amazing view of so many beautiful birds. I don’t have a fear of birds in general but I do have a fear of them knocking my drone out of the sky. You did a great job with this! Keep up the great work!
thanks Dozzn

For a different family Christmas photo, I put my drone up and within a minute or two, 3-4 cockatoos started coming to where we were. Enjoyed your video. Thanks.
They are a funny bird

Reactions: 4006448
That was absolutely Beautiful... It truly was a special moment.

Reactions: christangey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan