DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Im a DJI Mavic Pro 2 drone owner looking for places to fly

I'm a Mavic Pro 2 flyer looking for legitimate places that I can fly and practise flying anywhere near Harold Wood, Essex. The last 3 times I got my drone up I was approached and told to stop flying, even when I was away from buildings, people etc....Im finding it harder and harder to fly my drone. Regards Ian

There are several apps available and approved by the CAA that can show you areas where it is legal to fly.

NATS by Altitude Angel is the one I used while in the UK.

Many people also recommend AirMap.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. We look forward your participation and your view of the world.

Hello from the crossroads of America Ian Oogly.

There are plenty of UK flyers here that may be able to help you.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome and enjoy ? from the ??
I'm interested to know why you were told to stop flying, did you ask why.

And who it was ??
Most likely local council, enthusiastic rangers / other personnel.

Welcome @Ian Oogly and trust you can get some local advice as to somewhere close you can go without the hassle.

While it is sensible not to be confrontational it is worth knowing what are your rights and what you can be asked to do or not do.
Provided there are no legal restrictions to over fly a property the owner of that property has no right to prevent you over flying their property. What they can do is to prevent you taking off and landing on their property.
The National Trust are typical of certain organisations who try and bully flyers from over flying their properties. What they can legally do is prevent you taking off from and landing on their properties but not over flying them. However if you cause any damage you had better have some very very extensive insurance.
The best position to be in is to know whether they are any "no fly" zones where you intend to fly. Always have your registration documents ready to show if required. Have your drone marked up with your registration details. Be polite, do not be confrontational, be firm and explain the legal position and be happy to provide your details if required. Remember if you have done your homework and are operating within the law you have nothing to be worried about.
With drones now being used extensively to gather news information etc I can see in five years they will be accepted as the norm.
Remember when cars were very first allowed on UK roads they had to have a person carrying a red flag walking in front.

Agree totally with Shroppie above. You could try dronescene.co.uk for places to fly near you. Also, check out droneassist app. That gives you all the restricted & hazardous places to fly. In addition, if you TOAL from public road or footpath/bridlepath there's nothing anyone can do to stop you unless you cause damage.
Enjoy flying.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saikiran Villa