DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improving the GPS accuracy of the Moverio BT300

Steady Eddie

Reactions
Maybe this is of interest to some.
I found that the built in GPS receiver in the BT300 headset is not really accurate so far as positioning of the device goes. If you have a Bluetooth GPS receiver such as a Garmin Glo 2, this app will allow you to connect to it via Bluetooth for much better accuracy.
You can download it using the BT300 default browser. It will then be in the downloads folder. You just need to browse to the .apk with the default file manager (MovFiler) and install. You will also need to enable unknown sources in settings/security and enable USB debugging and allow mock locations in developer options. Obviously Bluetooth must be enabled. You also need to disable device location in settings so you rely only on the external GPS receiver, or it seems to cause the BT300 to crash. Worked for me without any rooting or complicated side loading.

I have not really played with it yet, so don't know if this has any real value, but the exercise has relieved some covid-19 lock down boredom! Just thought I'd pass it on...

Reactions: pelagic_one

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock