DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improvising a mounting system for larger tablets and pads!

ff22

Reactions
At the moment I'm using the base plate from a MavMount where I weave the flexible "ties" and then wrap it around the tab. But I think one could easily create a "carrier" out of plywood that fits the controllers hinged arms. It is still in the rudimentary stageMavic Mount 2.jpgMavic Mount.jpg. The rubber coating on the "ties" is grippy enough to hold the tablet in place.

While the Mavmount, ball joint and clamp are very nicely made, I guess I just prefer what I'd call a more one-dimensional solution where the tab is in the same general plane as the controller's screen.

Sticky sided velcro mate. Works a treat. The two base plates are bits of clic floorboard with an ally bar spacer. I use velco on pretty much everything in the car and aeroplane.

Attachments

• IMAG0901.jpg
    IMAG0901.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0902.jpg
    IMAG0902.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • IMAG0903.jpg
    IMAG0903.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Reactions: Inspirephil
Sticky sided velcro mate. Works a treat. The two base plates are bits of clic floorboard with an ally bar spacer. I use velco on pretty much everything in the car and aeroplane.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried a heavy duty "locking" type velcro. Unfortunately the adhesive did not stick to the back of my Tablet. I also found that it also peeled off easily from the rubber surface on the controller's hinged arms. But I am thinking of a plywood deck and even a picture frame/molding securing system.

The lengths we go to.... (g)

Mavmount have different adapters for mobile device up to 12 inch ipad including tablets with covers. The adapters have 2 mounting points which give pilots varoius options for mounting tablet including your preference of having the RC screen visible along with the tablet. The adapters cost less than $15.

You need to clean the tablet with alcohol or similar to get the gunge and release agents etc off then it sticks fine. The bottom plate of my mounting system just fits into the arms like an Iphone would. Works for me.

I use a MavMount set so that I can still see the controller. The iPad also rests comfortably on my arms as I hold the controller. I can still see the controller with my diy sunscreen.

IMG_4307.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

The MavMount fits in my backpack (on left) including the iPad (not shown lays on top).

View attachment 58427

Well, that's what I've now got. But I guess, as I posted, I prefer the ONE-dimensional situation and removing the ball joint and spring-loaded clamp also reduces the overall weight. It also reduces the bulk when packing. Again, I'm still into the improvisational stage of trying to pare it down but make it useful. I just happen to have those flexible rubber coated wire thingies around.

Well, that's what I've now got. But I guess, as I posted, I prefer the ONE-dimensional situation and removing the ball joint and spring-loaded clamp also reduces the overall weight. It also reduces the bulk when packing. Again, I'm still into the improvisational stage of trying to pare it down but make it useful. I just happen to have those flexible rubber coated wire thingies around.
What I have noticed is when holding the controller it feels rather out of ballance with the iPad offset that far. The lanyard helps. The iPad kind of rests on my arm with my current setup.

Phil: I think the comment was meant to be humorous as I seriously doubt the idea is even feasible. :)

Lol it was a semi serious post. Tis Friday at all Peter had explored this somewhat in this YouTube video.

Would be nice to somehow hookup and have a live feed to the tv so others can watch without gathering around a small tiny phone or tablet.

On a side note, why is cranky Phil replying 3 times to the same message? Seems somewhat disturbed..

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54