DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration taking a long time

Roger D

Reactions
I am trying to calibrate my IMU and I have rebooted it two times. I have used half a battery and it has not prompted me to change positions yet. Is this normal. How long should it take to calibrate?

Thanks

If you're following the screens in the DJI GO app, then try following this video instead:

Reactions: Air_Joe
I have restarted it two or three times and tried those instructions and it does not get past the first two dots or being in the normal take off position/flat on the surface feet down.

After a while I just repositioned it anyway, nose down and then nose up and then it prompted me to put it on its back. Then, I ran out of battery so I will try it again when the controller and quad batteries are charged

Last edited:
yes I ht a tree earlier today and it seemed to fly ok. and I was prompted to update firmware between the two attempts at imu calibration

Reactions: Former Member
yes I ht a tree earlier today and it seemed to fly ok. and I was prompted to update firmware between the two attempts at imu calibration

AHA!!!!!!!!!!!! The plot thickens. Sometimes I have to ask the right questions to figure out the right answers.

Your ESC board is probably toast.

What error messages are you getting?

Good news! I'm happy to hear you got it worked out.

Yea, I hit go home and as it was starting to land I took it back up without the sensors activated and ran into a tree. Not fast, but it did bounce around in the limbs (evergreen) on the way down.

I bought the replacement plan because I knew as a newbie I would crash...Just didn't want to use it this quick.

Reactions: Former Member
Yea, I hit go home and as it was starting to land I took it back up without the sensors activated and ran into a tree. Not fast, but it did bounce around in the limbs (evergreen) on the way down.

I bought the replacement plan because I knew as a newbie I would crash...Just didn't want to use it this quick.

Good idea to save it for when you need it.

AHA!!!!!!!!!!!! The plot thickens. Sometimes I have to ask the right questions to figure out the right answers.

I am having same issue. No crash but replaced front vision sensor, new gps unit. Error is check redundancy error. Go to calibrate imu and stuck on #2 and never prompts to do anything. Another note I have calibrated and updated as instructed but notice gyro0 has a high reading of .011 compared to .0002.
Please help?

Hi! its happening the same to me, ive hit not once but several times, but it was fixed and it's been flying good, until now that imu calibration will never finish!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78