DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Info needed from UAE

Makram

Reactions
Hi
I live in UAE in Al Ain. I recently bought Mavic air for my work in a government hospital and my own Mavic 2 pro. While reading I found out that some people saying I can fly freely as long as I am not going above 120m and some says I need to register and get a certificate from Sanad Institute in Dubai. Please advice
Thank you

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi
I live in UAE in Al Ain. I recently bought Mavic air for my work in a government hospital and my own Mavic 2 pro. While reading I found out that some people saying I can fly freely as long as I am not going above 120m and some says I need to register and get a certificate from Sanad Institute in Dubai. Please advice
Thank you
Howdy from Wyoming @Makram , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Reactions: Makram
Hi Makram,

To fly in UAE, u need to register at GCAA. To fly in Dubai, u need to be certified at Sanad Academy either as a hobbist or commercial pilot. Once u are certified, u need to register at DCAA.

U’ll need to download UAEdroneFlyZone from App Store (Apple/Android)

As a hobbist certified, we are only allow to fly outside the “GREEN”zone.

Follow the rules and regulations and u are safe to fly...

Hi Makram,

To fly in UAE, u need to register at GCAA. To fly in Dubai, u need to be certified at Sanad Academy either as a hobbist or commercial pilot. Once u are certified, u need to register at DCAA.

U’ll need to download UAEdroneFlyZone from App Store (Apple/Android)

As a hobbist certified, we are only allow to fly outside the “GREEN”zone.

Follow the rules and regulations and u are safe to fly...

Thank you for the reply. I will register and download the app.. regards

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Do i need to register my government entity drone as well or only my private Mavic?

Ur government entity drone will be considered as a commercial asset. If u are flying outside of Dubai juz register at GCAA. If u intend to fly it in Dubai then u’ll have to get certified as commercial pilot.

Personal drone will be under hobbist unless u piloting for work then will be consider as commercial.

Sorry to bother again. I downloaded UAE fly zone app I keep requesting OPT but I didn't receive it. Please check the attached file and confirm if this is the correct app. Thanks

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181029-205147_Google Play Store.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181029-205147_Google Play Store.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
Sorry to bother again. I downloaded UAE fly zone app I keep requesting OPT but I didn't receive it. Please check the attached file and confirm if this is the correct app. Thanks

Yes this the correct app...both for android and iPhone

Hello.
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy the forum! Thumbswayup

Hello.
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum. I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Hello.
Thanks!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Fly safe and have fun!

Dear members,
After using my Mavic air for the second week. I noticed that the drone doesn't land exactly on the landing pad when I ask to return home. Most of the time it lands at the edge or half to one Deen away. Any advice?
Thanks again

Dear members,
After using my Mavic air for the second week. I noticed that the drone doesn't land exactly on the landing pad when I ask to return home. Most of the time it lands at the edge or half to one Deen away. Any advice?
Thanks again
Try calibrating your IMU, also make sure you check the precision landing option when you take off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d