DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inspire...too much of a toy...can’t rack iris ...

It is a toy compared to the Alta with a Red dangling.... I think he wanted it shot with the red but was a little nervous of the small hole and limited space, so he used the i2 as a practice run, but knew it wouldn't make the cut.

Reactions: DougAles
It is a toy compared to the Alta with a Red dangling.... I think he wanted it shot with the red but was a little nervous of the small hole and limited space, so he used the i2 as a practice run, but knew it wouldn't make the cut.

I guess that's about as fair a statement as saying that a Honda Civic is a toy.

Compared to a Lamborghini, I would say it is....lol...

Well maybe, but that was my point - one typically would not categorize a vehicle as a toy just because one can buy more expensive and capable vehicles. Toy implies purely recreational. The Civic is clearly not that, and neither is the Inspire.

I got your point from the beginning. I am very envious of this guys "work tools" (and play toys). I don't own an I2 or a Freefly Alta 8, w. Red camera ($100K) nor do I own a Lamborghini.. In my eyes, my Mavic is a toy compared to an I2 and so on, and so on. That's all, and I think most would agree? who Knows?.

I got your point from the beginning. I am very envious of this guys "work tools" (and play toys). I don't own an I2 or a Freefly Alta 8, w. Red camera ($100K) nor do I own a Lamborghini.. In my eyes, my Mavic is a toy compared to an I2 and so on, and so on. That's all, and I think most would agree? who Knows?.

mrreddog, I encourage you to make the most of what you have.

I used my Mavic Pro, a GoPro, and a iPhone 6S as cameras then the free app iMove on my iPhone to make this video...

We live in amazing times.

Last edited:
this one was custom built to carry old school movie camera to film Westworld. Was also used for Pirates of the Caribean

20170831_083552.jpg

Last edited:
I just went for a wander through the RCG I2 thread....man are they complaining in there!!! Not many happy I2 operators there!

My Inspire1 is a very dependable professional workhorse that can carry different payloads and is ready to go in minutes after arrival. Great for inspections with the Z3, mapping with X3 and cinematic with X5. Not to mention the different Infrared sensors that are available.
Professional enough for me at least. It served me for almost 3 years now and still makes me smile every time I see it fly.

Reactions: DougAles and Simmo
My Inspire1 is a very dependable professional workhorse that can carry different payloads and is ready to go in minutes after arrival. Great for inspections with the Z3, mapping with X3 and cinematic with X5. Not to mention the different Infrared sensors that are available.
Professional enough for me at least. It served me for almost 3 years now and still makes me smile every time I see it fly.
I never fly mine anymore

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet