DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

Hey Guys, so got My Cyclone. installation was good I think" although I'm having some issues..

stock controller I was able to reach 500-700m
with the Cyclone I'm still only able to get 700m then signal drops..

now this is in the suburbs so I'm sure the is WIFI and stuff but I was looking for better results..
I have not tried in the country yet I will this weekend"

is there any suggestion's on what went wrong.. ALSO

1. does it matter what way I turn on the Cyclone.. left vs right
2. could I have missed a connection?? it helps some "the Cyclone" because I tried flying it without the Cyclone or antenna's on and it only goes 100m this leads me to believe its not the connection
3. Could my Cyclone be faulty?? I really hope not"
4. am I holding it wrong... facing the Mavic?

Hey Guys, so got My Cyclone. installation was good I think" although I'm having some issues..

stock controller I was able to reach 500-700m
with the Cyclone I'm still only able to get 700m then signal drops..

now this is in the suburbs so I'm sure the is WIFI and stuff but I was looking for better results..
I have not tried in the country yet I will this weekend"

is there any suggestion's on what went wrong.. ALSO

1. does it matter what way I turn on the Cyclone.. left vs right
2. could I have missed a connection?? it helps some "the Cyclone" because I tried flying it without the Cyclone or antenna's on and it only goes 100m this leads me to believe its not the connection
3. Could my Cyclone be faulty?? I really hope not"
4. am I holding it wrong... facing the Mavic?
1. No
2. Possible. You should never fly without antenna, you can damage transceiver.
Try with dipoles instead to see if there's a difference.
3. Maybe a booster is bad. I had a similar issue, seemed booster was kaputt.
4. Flat side shall face mavic.

Questions to you:
1. Were you flying clear LoS?
2. What altitude?
3. Did you try less congested area?
4. Which signal drops more? RC/HD?

You should NEVER turn on a remote without the antennas connected.
Really really bad for the transmitter circuitry.

Reactions: MacIak
Well I think I've killed the battery in my Cyclone:(, I've obviously accidentally switched it back on when packing my kit away 2 days ago. Only noticed today when I went to check the battery level. I've had it on charge for a while but it's only showing 0%:(
They are custom made batteries with a few extra wires/leads coming out. I've emailed Titan and someone else had the same problem and they left it to charge overnight and it was ok, hopefully I'll get lucky but I won't hold my breath.
Ideally it would of been better to have a different type on/off switch instead of the rocker type, I suppose this could easily be modded

Note to self....check then double check it's switched off.

Reactions: dchertz
A better approach would be to have an interlock keyed to their T-Lock. The antenna would only be allowed to power up when the antennas are connected and ready to use. There could also be power savings by detecting RF input from the remote to implement a sleep mode when the antenna is disconnected or the remote powered down..

A better approach would be to have an interlock keyed to their T-Lock. The antenna would only be allowed to power up when the antennas are connected and ready to use. There could also be power savings by detecting RF input from the remote to implement a sleep mode when the antenna is disconnected or the remote powered down..
That would be ideal, but no doubt push the cost up

well I learn something new... My Bad!!!

Titan claims this isn't true of their antennas. He told someone in this thread that turning on without it hooked up won't hurt it?

Lastly, the battery indicator is goofy. It fluctuates badly. I noticed mine likes to go to 60% quickly.

1. No
2. Possible. You should never fly without antenna, you can damage transceiver.
Try with dipoles instead to see if there's a difference.
3. Maybe a booster is bad. I had a similar issue, seemed booster was kaputt.
4. Flat side shall face mavic.

Questions to you:
1. Were you flying clear LoS?
2. What altitude?
3. Did you try less congested area?
4. Which signal drops more? RC/HD?

1. Clear LOS maybe the First 200m but like I said it is barley going farther then stock controller. maybe just that much congestion, ill take some pictures tonight.

2. Height 40-60m
3. ill try a less congested area this weekend
4. always HD drops first.. but RC is not to far behind

Titan claims this isn't true of their antennas. He told someone in this thread that turning on without it hooked up won't hurt it?
He said you shouldn't turn on the remote controller without any antennas connected, no doubt turning the cyclone on without being connected to the controller would be fine

Reactions: Brojon
He said turning on the remote controller without any antennas connected, no doubt turning the cyclone on without being connected to the controller would be fine

Yes true, but isnt that the same thing?

I left my antenna on, and tried to fly with my stock controller, man that interfered so bad with the stock controller.

Reactions: **mick**

Lastly, the battery indicator is goofy. It fluctuates badly. I noticed mine likes to go to 60% quickly.
He was talking about the antenna and that was me he told that to.

Reactions: dchertz
Yes true, but isnt that the same thing?

I left my antenna on, and tried to fly with my stock controller, man that interfered so bad with the stock controller.
No - the transmitter in the remote has to have a proper "load" to deliver power into. If there is no load the power has no place to go and gets reflected back into the remote where it can damage the circuit. That's the simplified but functionally accurate explanation.

Cheap when customer satisfaction and online reports are factored in.

This guy does an amazing job for hand building these.

Opinions will always leave room for design changes.

I've ran mine out 30,000' and it was rock solid.

The battery gauge is goofy, and maybe inaccurate? It goes from 100% to 60% like quick and then hovers around the 60% for a long time? But I don't care. I suspect the led panel is for a bigger battery on the other system they make?

I love that it's hand built and packaged. I'm amazed the time he puts into making look like it's mass produced.

I'm still waiting on the right day to ONE WAY this!

Reactions: **mick** and Jyruiz
It's better than the other offerings. It performs the same, has good battery life and is super compact and all in one.

The maxx UAV version is clunky.

Reactions: **mick**
All. Not sure is this will help with the concern on battery not charging or reading oddly but I also had odd readings (would not charge over 70%) and they suggested a Very simple battery calibration using the tiny button below the display to correct. Worked perfect since and only takes a few seconds to do. My guess is the drained battery post just needs a calibrate. I will look for the exact process and email to use the button.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000