DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Air2 with Mavic Connection

Dadoftwogirls

Reactions
Pardon the redundant question. So if I am using my iPad Air2, does it need to be physically connected to the Mavic controller? If yes, how and why?

Thanks in advance!

If you put the quad into wifi mode, you can fly directly with the tablet similar to the spark. It will operate with reduced flight capabilities though

If you put the quad into wifi mode, you can fly directly with the tablet similar to the spark. It will operate with reduced flight capabilities though

Pardon the redundant question. So if I am using my iPad Air2, does it need to be physically connected to the Mavic controller? If yes, how and why?

Thanks in advance!
You answered your own question.
Use your charging cord for the IPad for connection to the RC, Or, Set the Mavic to wifi and fly from the tablet or phone. It's either one or the other, nothing else.:D

Last edited:
Absolutely, you answered your own question.
Use your charging cord for the IPad for connection to the RC, Set the Mavic to wifi and fly from the tablet or phone. It's either one or the other, nothing else.:D

So my Apple cable will work fine?

Last edited:
Just often easier to get a short (30cm) right angle cable and plug into the bottom of the controller, not the side, and make sure the original cable is removed from the side.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190