DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini freezes-what to do?

offtheback

Reactions
Have an Ipad mini software up to date.Flying with M2P and screen freezes.Temp low 40's.I wait a bit and go to home screen+relaunch Go4 app.Still no feed for a bit and usually within a minute comes back.128 GB storage capacity with plenty storage left.Thanks for your help!

And - have you tried removing the USB connection on the side of the controller, and using your iPad charging cable from the USB2.0 on the underside of the controller instead??

Reactions: WAXMAN
And - have you tried removing the USB connection on the side of the controller, and using your iPad charging cable from the USB2.0 on the underside of the controller instead??
Thanks-I do use the USB underside connector.

In that case, have you got a different USB cable you can try? The only things you can do here, is isolate the component that's the problem. If you change the cable and the problem's still there, then you have to conclude that there is an issue with the iPad. Have you got access to another phone or tablet to try and see if the problem goes away?
Low 40's [Fahrenheit I assume], is just about freezing, so something else you might want to try, is leaving your iPad running in a freezer for half an hour and see if that causes issues with it? It might be that the low temp' is the problem ... Mind bare fingers on the screen tho'!!

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
In that case, have you got a different USB cable you can try? The only things you can do here, is isolate the component that's the problem. If you change the cable and the problem's still there, then you have to conclude that there is an issue with the iPad. Have you got access to another phone or tablet to try and see if the problem goes away?
Low 40's [Fahrenheit I assume], is just about freezing, so something else you might want to try, is leaving your iPad running in a freezer for half an hour and see if that causes issues with it? It might be that the low temp' is the problem ... Mind bare fingers on the screen tho'!!
I'll give those a shot.Freezer?Hmmmm.Not the microwave?:)

Flew today+had a few freezeups.Did all the settings suggested in the link above.Next I'll check it with a phone+see if it does the same.

I use a mini 4, and an ipad pro 9.7". Both work great. The pro is faster of course because of its hardware, but the mini 4 works fine. I have dedicated both of them to drone use only. I removed every app that i could so that the only things running are my dji go app and what is absolutely required by apple. These pads are used for absolutely nothing else. No youtube, no netflix, no amazon.... nothing but dji go 4, airmap, and letchi are installed... this way there is nothing running in the background to interfere.

My ipad air has MANY things installed on it, It is used for lots of things and it works without fail on the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78