DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 8 will not connect to DJI GO 4

I’m having trouble connecting my iPhone 8 to the go 4 app. It’s not my mavic as I’ve tried it both st a few stores including the DJI flagship store itself. It must be a firmware problem. But I think it’s too new just yet that DJI hasn’t come out with an update
Just got my iphone8 yesterday and same prob, no issue with my iPad mini 4

Just got a new Iphone 8 myself. I can connect to Mavic through wifi but cannot connect to controller either through USB or side micro USB. I used the USB cable that came with the new phone. My old Iphone 6 connects fine.
Same as me so I hope dji will fix with new firmware update

Just got my iphone8 yesterday and same prob, no issue with my iPad

The iOS 11.0.3 update is the issue
I bet the ipad is on 10.0.3 and the iPhone 8 is 11.0.3

DJI needs to request the app creator fix the issue

I'm using DJI Go 4.1.9, will this continue to work if I update to the latest iOS? Think I'm currently on 10.3.3

iphone 6s

Unfortunately, bought a new iPhone 8 Plus over the weekend. Had to upgrade it to iOS 11.1.1 in order to do a proper restore of my previous phone data. Unfortunately the new 8 does not connect to my Mavic Pro. Using latest firmware and latest version of the GO4 app.

When I simply switch the cable to an older iPad, the Magic connects immediately

Reactions: Mike_in_Letcombe
Unfortunately, bought a new iPhone 8 Plus over the weekend. Had to upgrade it to iOS 11.1.1 in order to do a proper restore of my previous phone data. Unfortunately the new 8 does not connect to my Mavic Pro. Using latest firmware and latest version of the GO4 app.

When I simply switch the cable to an older iPad, the Magic connects immediately

At least you didn’t spend as much as I did - you’ve just described the exact same issue I’m having with the X.

I saw that Apple released a minor bug fix release earlier today: iOS 11.1.2. After upgrading and rebooting the device the DJI Go app is able to connect to Teh Mavic again !!
I have not been able to fly it yet but will try to do this tomorrow.

Last edited:
@htenbos Official update IOS 11.1.2 was released November 16, 2017.
BETA 11.2 Version 3 was released on November 13, 2017.

Are u referring to the Beta release?

@htenbos Official update IOS 11.1.2 was released November 16, 2017.
BETA 11.2 Version 3 was released on November 13, 2017.

Are u referring to the Beta release?
Apologies, I was too enthousiastic with the release number. It should be 11.1.2.
I had problems with 11.1.1 and looks like 11.1.2 has fixed the issue

I have rectified the comment above.

Reactions: Keule
Just updated my X now. Tried with the Mavic and......................(wait for it)....................... ......

It works!

IOS 11.1.2

Reactions: htenbos
I’m having trouble connecting my iPhone 8 to the go 4 app. It’s not my mavic as I’ve tried it both st a few stores including the DJI flagship store itself. It must be a firmware problem. But I think it’s too new just yet that DJI hasn’t come out with an update

WOW good to know, I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum. I just got an iPhone X. But lucky for me, I still have my iPhone 7. However that phone is not hooked up to any carrier any more. Will that matter?

However that phone is not hooked up to any carrier any more. Will that matter?
No. It just needs to be able to connect to a Wi-Fi network in order to connect to the Internet when needed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada