DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPod Touch 6th Generation good to use?

Which should I buy just to use with the Mavic?

• iPod Touch 6th Generation

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • iPad Mini with AT&T (2nd, 3rd, or 4th gen with the gps)

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

neph19d

Reactions
Hey I'm trying to make a decision on buying an ipod touch 6th generation to fly the mavic or and ipad mini with the att thing. I know the ipod doesn't have gps, so would that change anything from having a phone with gps? The ipad mini would have gps if its the att or verizon version i think.

So, if the ipod not having a gps isn't a big deal i'll just buy that. Let me know what you think! Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: chief.JT
The functions you lose without GPS are 'Follow Me', and the ability to reset the Home Point to your current position if you move away from your launch point.

Reactions: neph19d
I bought an Ipad Mini 4 with cellular for exclusive use with my Mavic. It only has the basic apps that comes with the Ipad, DJI GO4 app, Litchi, UAV Forecast. I have zero issues and like that I can use all my Mavic's functions. I've left Wifi on, airplane mode off, even had it tethered to my Iphone so the map would update... Zero issues...

When I considered buying the Mavic, I factored in the cost of buying an Ipad Mini 4 as part of the overall package/experience.

Reactions: neph19d and sonof40
I bought an Ipad Mini 4 with cellular for exclusive use with my Mavic. It only has the basic apps that comes with the Ipad, DJI GO4 app, Litchi, UAV Forecast. I have zero issues and like that I can use all my Mavic's functions. I've left Wifi on, airplane mode off, even had it tethered to my Iphone so the map would update... Zero issues...

When I considered buying the Mavic, I factored in the cost of buying an Ipad Mini 4 as part of the overall package/experience.
That's smart! Yeah I'm going to Best buy later and I'll grab an iPad mini or an iPod touch 6th gen. I appreciate your response!

I ended up buying the iPad Mini 2 32GB Wi-Fi over the iPod Touch 16GB because Best Buy didn't have the 16GB in stock. They had the 32GB so for a few more bucks I just got the bigger screen.

I went out and used it in the controller and it fit great. The cord was long but I just looped it and it was fine. I'll end up ordering a smaller one if it gets that serious. Works way better than with my android phone. If I want to use the follow me or to have the change return to home option i'll just use my cell phone. Thanks for everyone's input.

Reactions: PeterDaGr8_One
I ended up buying the iPad Mini 2 32GB Wi-Fi over the iPod Touch 16GB because Best Buy didn't have the 16GB in stock. They had the 32GB so for a few more bucks I just got the bigger screen.

I went out and used it in the controller and it fit great. The cord was long but I just looped it and it was fine. I'll end up ordering a smaller one if it gets that serious. Works way better than with my android phone. If I want to use the follow me or to have the change return to home option i'll just use my cell phone. Thanks for everyone's input.

Neph19d....I'm currently debating wether to do what you were considering at the beginning. If I may ask you, have you tried connecting to your phones hotspot with the ipad? is this a thing that would work and or give you the options on the ipad that they mention before? It might be a stupid question to some but I'm a total rookie to all of this!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes