DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI downgrading drones?

Arce101

Reactions
Just recently watched a u tube channel of a guy answering questions from viewers. He mentioned that his dji inspire 1 had a screen glitch and was wondering if he could send it to dji to upgrade occusync 2.0 on it. Well besides the fact the guy starts talking about how he kinda feels like certain firmware updates are bogging the drones performance down. He says he noticed after an update that his mavic was less aggressive in windy conditions that he could actually tell a difference in the drones speed with head wind. Does anyone have any input or has someone notice changes in there drones performance after firmware updates?

Just recently watched a u tube channel of a guy answering questions from viewers. He mentioned that his dji inspire 1 had a screen glitch and was wondering if he could send it to dji to upgrade occusync 2.0 on it. Well besides the fact the guy starts talking about how he kinda feels like certain firmware updates are bogging the drones performance down. He says he noticed after an update that his mavic was less aggressive in windy conditions that he could actually tell a difference in the drones speed with head wind. Does anyone have any input or has someone notice changes in there drones performance after firmware updates?
Why would DJI downgrade the performance of their drones?
It doesn't make any sense and there's no reason that they would.
Do they?
To find out, simply check recorded flight data to see actual performance rather than listening to someone saying their drone seems slower.
If DJI really did downgrade drones with firmware updates, everyone would be complaining and you wouldn't have to ask if it was true.

Reactions: grendeljaeger

Who is this hack you are talking about? Ocusync 2.0 on an inspire lol.

Truth is how the drone reacts to a headwind is something they COULD change with a firmware update but we have no evidence of this. It can be checked on by a user that knows how to access parameters but haven’t heard anything like that and I know people that would have noticed if something like that was changed and it could be changed back easily.

Though, there is a good point in all of this. Never upgrade your working DJI product right away. If there’s no reason you know of to upgrade don’t. Don’t assume the new firmware is better than the last.

Way to answer your own question in your OP, get vague, change the subject and not use paragraphs

Love the spliff Avatar btw. Tells us you are hardcore

Last edited:
Why would DJI downgrade the performance of their drones?
It doesn't make any sense and there's no reason that they would.
Do they?
To find out, simply check recorded flight data to see actual performance rather than listening to someone saying their drone seems slower.
If DJI really did downgrade drones with firmware updates, everyone would be complaining and you wouldn't have to ask if it was true.

Just my two cents and I’m obviously not saying they do but other companies have been caught out doing this. Take Apple for instance- they have been caught adding code to iOS that slows down older devices to prompt users to upgrade to something a bit quicker...

Just saying [emoji854]

Just my two cents and I’m obviously not saying they do but other companies have been caught out doing this. Take Apple for instance- they have been caught adding code to iOS that slows down older devices to prompt users to upgrade to something a bit quicker...

Just saying [emoji854]

I think Moores Law was sabotaged.
Computers were going to keep doubling, But after PS2, everything slowed down.
PC gaming died. Graphics cards became expensive and pointless.

Smartphones Arrived distracting people from the dumbing down of PC and Consoles.
And like a car in soviet Russia, there was only really one type and you wanted it

Moores law was replaced with 'entitled Capitalist law', dictating every 12-18 months, the Phone Camera pixels would increase , the screens would get more ppi, and the Antialiasing on the Clock in the middle of the screen would get better.

Windows 10 had rayped windows 7, People proficcient with XP and 7 now only had, baffling unintuitive, ways to get acesss to their applications and simple settings. So they brought Macbooks, and Mac PC's that were just good enough to satisfy but make you pine and save for the next minor evoulotion/iteration

Elon Musk & Theranos teamed up to create the Doomsday machine, Pakistan nuked India or vice versa, The Government
was shut down, Trump was tweeting stuff, so an intern was in charge of nuking...
and ....Boom

"We'll meet again, dont know where, dont know When..

Reactions: DRM001
I absolutely agree
I think Moores Law was sabotaged.
Computers were going to keep doubling..
and everything you said afterwards.

Oh to live in a sliver of the multiverse where humans weren’t either greedy self serving corrupt a-holes or half educated mute slaves dragging their feet and minds while working till they die.

Gene Roddenberry had the best vision.

Anyway, I digress. Long live the Mavic Air (because erm this is what this thread is about and stuff).

*EDIT
Typing this on an iPhone 6S Plus sucks - I might have to upgrade.

Reactions: MavicFT1P
I absolutely agree and everything you said afterwards.

Oh to live in a sliver of the multiverse where humans weren’t either greedy self serving corrupt a-holes or half educated mute slaves dragging their feet and minds while working till they die.

Gene Roddenberry had the best vision.

Anyway, I digress. Long live the Mavic Air (because erm this is what this thread is about and stuff).

*EDIT
Typing this on an iPhone 6S Plus sucks - I might have to upgrade.
Stop being greedy - accept the awful 6S Plus! (g)

Reactions: DRM001
I have a 5 second rule for dropped Smartphones

I have a 5 second rule for dropped Smartphones
Timely. A friend and I were bike riding yesterday and as we passed through an intersection I noticed a cell phone lying in the pavement. We stopped retrieved it but it was password protected. About 30 minutes later we stopped for a snack. The phone had received a phone call and text message. I called the text message number - no result. A few minutes later the phone rang. We answered. Frantic owner. We told him were to find us. All happy. I'm sure it violated your five second rule! (g) If he had not called we planned on turning it into AT&T - the identified carrier.

Few things restore your faith in Humanity than people making effort to return lost things.

I lost a wallet one time. A weeks worth of cash ATM'ed Into it (maybe not a lot for other people)
But for me And the person who found/returned; it was a lot.

No ID/Cards in there, just a receipt for a shop nearby which he made a call to, then a call to me
just to return it.

He wasn't a do gooder either.
This guy jsut knew, from the worn velcro wallet perhaps, that the owner was someone who
was going to miss it.
Rare breed

anyway, good on ya for doing the right thing :)

Edit: o yeh forgot. I Insisted on giving him reward, but he insisted I "pay it forward"

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
Few things restore your faith in Humanity than people making effort to return lost things.
Edit: o yeh forgot. I Insisted on giving him reward, but he insisted I "pay it forward"

Pay it forward is the way to go. If everyone did it the world would be a nice place for sure.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998