DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everyone upgrading to the Platinum props?

Not impressed with the new props I had my drone 400 feet up and still herd it I understand they are not going to be silent but not a big difference e

Not impressed with the new props I had my drone 400 feet up and still herd it I understand they are not going to be silent but not a big difference e
There are a ton of YT videos showing the difference. It is not much... mainly a different pitch to the sound.

I think I will stick with the orginal one's,since I haven't noticed anyone covering their ears when I come in to land!

Why did you expect any? The platinum mavic with the props was only quoted at 4db difference for *some* flight phases. It stands to reason the props on the standard mavic with the older ESC drivers would be even less than that. Most tests show 1-2db difference which most people will be completely unable to notice.
The frequencies produced are different, absolute audio power isnt that much.

Why did you expect any? The platinum mavic with the props was only quoted at 4db difference for *some* flight phases. It stands to reason the props on the standard mavic with the older ESC drivers would be even less than that. Most tests show 1-2db difference which most people will be completely unable to notice.
The frequencies produced are different, absolute audio power isnt that much.

The hype was big they look cool as hell but I was expecting to be a touch quieter while up in the air but I guess I was wrong lol they look cool that’s it

No not unless I need to .... I have two full spare sets still.

Dumb question incoming: Is there such things as "front" and "back" props when ordering new sets of props? Or are they universal in any prop can go into any of the arms?

Thanks.

Dumb question incoming: Is there such things as "front" and "back" props when ordering new sets of props? Or are they universal in any prop can go into any of the arms?

Thanks.

Universal for front back. Just be sure to get the rotation directions right of course.

Just curious... why? All tests so far show 1-3db change. Not something a human ear can detect anyway.
But the human ear prefers a loud classical orchestra over a person quietly screeching their finger nails on a blackboard.

Believe me, indoors you wont notice the difference. Outdoors is amazeballs. Worth it as it flies much more quieter and sounds more pleasant than the Spark. People and their pets ignore you now..

Reactions: stratos

Thanks.

There’s no front or back, but there is clockwise and counterclockwise. A pair that comes in a package is one of each, so you need to order two pair.

Flew mine today - super smooth, definitely a change in pitch, not so much noise?? But it's certainly more pleasant to the ear, hovered well and did everything superb on all the latest firmwares and Go4 - the latest firmware actually seems bloody good to me, have been through every function and distance test, one of the best yet. I like the way the props fold into each other in transit. Ran full noise sports test and brakes - no prop strike.

I'd appreciate anyone who could remember how the props were first marketed by DJI? I wrote an email asking about the advisability of using them on the MP, my wording was about "policy", actually. Response was interesting; "we do not recommend it", "...may result in scraping the body". Further, that they were designed for the new MPP.

Got mines yesterday.

Tip for all Aussie flyiers, they are available in JB Hi Fi, so you dont pay for the delivery from DJI.

I tried them all and I love them, I was surprised that the hovering RPM is 50 RPMs lower than with the standard blades.
This is obviously an increase in the efficiency of the design on the new props and yes, the pitch sound of the blade is different not as "drilly".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_