DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is FAA rules such a BIG deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep posting your illegal stuff to YoTube
& the other sites. May take a while but you’ll be getting a letter or perhaps a “visit” one day.

Reactions: Sprocket
So in our town of Fargo downtown Broadway is around 3 miles from the airport and a mile from a hospital where there is a helicopter pad. Would I be able to do a shot going down Broadway if I kept it under a 150 feet and it lasted less than 15 minutes? If I needed to call the airport tower and asked....would they be more likely to let me do this? Using a Mavic Air.

You have to wonder if airport towers are getting annoyed with drone owners calling for scenarios that have no impact to their flights? Like if the drone never gets above hard obstacles such as towers and buildings?

I invite everyone who has ignored guidelines and posted videos of same to list them here.
C'mon Strutt your stuff!

You have to wonder if airport towers are getting annoyed with drone owners calling for scenarios that have no impact to their flights? Like if the drone never gets above hard obstacles such as towers and buildings?

I wonder the same thing. The people behind the AirMap app (required in my opinion) are doing some great things with regards to authorizations and contacting who you need to contact automatically. In Fargo in particular it says automatic authorizations for < 200ft coming soon.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Let's stay on topic and keep fantasy books out of the conversation please.
Actually, the reference is highly pertinent to the topic, and be very careful what you call "fantasy". To keep it short, current research I am doing in Israel using, in part, a MP to map the area, reveals that another bit of "fantasy" (critics technically call it a literary embellishment) from the Good Book is a full on technical geological description of a real event at a real time leaving real geological evidence (that's called science and history BTW). The logic that sar104 has used so many times on this forum can be applied elsewhere with the same results and it really does work. sar104 is fully justified in bringing to bear a reference that impacts the outcome of this particular discussion (so it is on topic). Thanks sar104 for your consistent, clear use of logic, and not dismissal of related material.

Actually, the reference is highly pertinent to the topic, and be very careful what you call "fantasy". To keep it short, current research I am doing in Israel using, in part, a MP to map the area, reveals that another bit of "fantasy" (critics technically call it a literary embellishment) from the Good Book is a full on technical geological description of a real event at a real time leaving real geological evidence (that's called science and history BTW). The logic that sar104 has used so many times on this forum can be applied elsewhere with the same results and it really does work. sar104 is fully justified in bringing to bear a reference that impacts the outcome of this particular discussion (so it is on topic). Thanks sar104 for your consistent, clear use of logic, and not dismissal of related material.

We were talking about drones...not the Bible, so no, not on topic in the least. I see it as fantasy, so I will call it fantasy. Share your research. I'm sure many people would like to see it. I will assume there is nothing there until you show otherwise. Oh and btw, I am doing research with my Mavic Pro that shows the bible is fake. See how easy that is? You are simply defending him as fellow bible thumpers, pathetic. Your post said nothing.

We were talking about drones...not the Bible, so no, not on topic in the least. I see it as fantasy, so I will call it fantasy. Share your research. I'm sure many people would like to see it. I will assume there is nothing there until you show otherwise. Oh and btw, I am doing research with my Mavic Pro that shows the bible is fake. See how easy that is? You are simply defending him as fellow bible thumpers, pathetic. Your post said nothing.
Actually, some of our research will be published at a professional geology conference this fall. Our abstract was just submitted this last week (GSA). Where's your research submitted? Would love to see it.

That's hilarious - I've never been accused of being a bible thumper before. The irony is irresistable. I think that you must have completely misunderstood my post.

Actually, some of our research will be published at a professional geology conference this fall. Our abstract was just submitted this last week (GSA). Where's your research submitted? Would love to see it.
o_O My point was, show me your research. I was just demonstrating how easy it is to say things without proof. You said you had done research, so let's see it.

That's hilarious - I've never been accused of being a bible thumper before. The irony is irresistable. I think that you must have completely misunderstood my post.
Yes, because non bible thumpers quote the bible verses as a part of normal conversation ;)

o_O My point was, show me your research. I was just demonstrating how easy it is to say things without proof. You said you had done research, so let's see it.
I think the type of research that @raymo is talking about is matching historical events with geological places. The bible is filled with accurate historical events - over 20,000+ of them. The kind of proof you are asking for is... of god - which he didn't reference in his post. So his research is probably right on point. No one on this planet can show you the kind of proof you seek. Anytime "proof" is presented, it is always 100% refutable, which inevitably leads to the phrase, "well, you don't have faith." Which is simply a choice, not backed by facts. Good luck with the circular arguments that follow...

Reactions: raymo
At the great peril of continuing the fascinating derailment......
No one disputes the bible is a book, written by people that may have witnessed geological events. BUT In the end, It is just that. A book. Edited several times over history to appeal to the times and address new moral issues.
Its the greatest story ever told.

At the great peril of continuing the fascinating derailment......
No one disputes the bible is a book, written by people that may have witnessed geological events. BUT In the end, It is just that. A book. Edited several times over history to appeal to the times and address new moral issues.
Its the greatest story ever told.

I'm guessing you are not aware of the process of translating this "book," and the extreme care taken to not "edit" it or change it through those translations.
Interesting stuff.

Striking how similar the Tora, the Bible and the Coran really are. Slightly different translations?
I am out of this, I expect Dirkclod to come in with post delete guns blazing at any second!

Striking how similar the Tora, the Bible and the Coran really are. Slightly different translations?
I am out of this, I expect Dirkclod to come in with post delete guns blazing at any second!

The Bible and the Tora should be similar.
The Old testament of the Bible is from the Tora.
The Qu'ran takes elements of the Old Testament.
Different translations?
Nonsense.

How do you unsubscribe from a thread? (Rhetorical)

Only on their way back down.
Yes, and where they land especially. Since the FAA purports to regulate all airspace, you would think they would be concerned about burning objects which streak through it.
upload_2018-4-8_12-52-23.png upload_2018-4-8_12-54-50.png upload_2018-4-8_12-55-27.png

Yes, because non bible thumpers quote the bible verses as a part of normal conversation ;)

OK - I'll spell it out for you. The argument I was responding to appeared to be that no one should criticize any behavior, unreasonable, illegal or otherwise, if they had ever broken a law themselves. It's not uncommon for that argument to be asserted based on the biblical reference to casting the first stone. I was enquiring if that was the case.

In fact it is not a requirement to be completely ignorant of the bible, or any other religious text, in order not to be a believer. Some familiarity is actually very useful in debunking dogma. And yes - biblical references are quite common, as are other literary or cultural references, in normal conversation.

Reactions: Myetkt
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt