DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is iPad mini 4 best?

I haven't had any problems with mine, but in all fairness I used my iPhone 7 + before. I also didn't have any problems with it either. I think iOS operates a little better with the DJI software, but there are some Androids that work as well.

Reactions: locoman
The best experience would be crystal sky.

IPad 4 works great as well. I use 16gb wifi and had zero issues.

I have had good experience with my Mini 4, my iPhone 6. But since I haven't tried and other devices to compare them with, it is pretty hard to say wether or not they are the "Best".

There are lots of mobile devices that work well. Check out my recommended and commonly used list of mobile devices here.

Reactions: tstillman
What works with Mavic Pro the best? Is it iPad 4?
Yes, the iPad mini 4 is the best ad it fits in the RC arms without any additional brackets or holders. I use a 9.7" iPad Pro but it needs an adapter to work. You can pickup used or refurbished iPad Mini 4 for really great prices and many people speculate the iPad Mini will get a refresh announcement at WWDC.

got one last week from factory direct I am anxious to try it out when I get it on Monday, the reason is that my Sony experia Aqua m4 is not adequate for the DJI go 4 app

I switched a couple weeks ago from my iPhone 7 to the iPad Mini 4 for better visibility. Added an anti-glare screen for protection and to keep fingerprints and stuff off the screen.
I couldn't be happier with the improved visibility, and, so far, the iPad works flawlessly with the Mavic and the RC!

I switched a couple weeks ago from my iPhone 7 to the iPad Mini 4 for better visibility. Added an anti-glare screen for protection and to keep fingerprints and stuff off the screen.
I couldn't be happier with the improved visibility, and, so far, the iPad works flawlessly with the Mavic and the RC!
Can you tell me if I can just use the pad to fly meaning not using WiFi or cell I've read about the maps but what about gps and telling you if there is a update

I'm not an expert with computers, phones, and the like. In fact, when I have a question about any of that stuff, I usually turn to my 15 year old grandson!
My Mini 4 has cellular but I don't use the WiFi or cell capabilities when flying. I've done it just to see it work and to be familiar with the abilities, but it's not the norm for me. In fact, I have the handshake turned off on the Mini because I don't want load up the phone with flight info and I don't want the mini to disconnect if a call comes in. Correct or not, these are my impressions gathered from the many threads on this forum as well as other sources.
Bottom line is that I use the GPS, and without the cellular the maps are generic and non descriptive. If I want the satellite map I can turn on the cellular, which I have done just to see it working. Frankly, I rarely have the Mavic out of site (I get nervous when I can't see it for very long), so I'm finding that the maps aren't that important to me.
I'm happy with the Mini 4 and glad I made the switch from my iPhone 7. It's just large enough that it's much easier to see.

Reactions: Nivloc