DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is Santa Bringing you a Mavic for Christmas?

Got one for myself for Christmas but flew it first day. Have now already flown it over 6 hours and over 50km. Its a beast! I live on a farm and have plenty open fields to fly over. Advice to new guys do all the calibrations. And setup RTH so if anything fails it will return.

I've got one waiting with my Hawei phone and RE Goggles. Can't wait. Hard part is I need to go over all the first time flyer videos I watched a month back, again!
again?
AGAIN?
man ive done went over every video so much that youtube has started throttling my speed ;)

Santa came by here December 8th, funny though as his sleigh was a big brown box on wheels! My wife said go ahead, 13 flights, 4h19m, and 215,000 feet traveled so far. I am actually discharging batteries as we speak. Charged them full last night expecting to fly again today, never had time.

Reactions: jwnipper
Yes. Santa brought mine a week ago but we didn't have any wrapping paper left so...you guessed it. Thank you Santa.

Mavic’s are so yesterday. It’s all about the Inspire with the new Zenmuse lense. XD

LOL Cyber your so right:p I guess the others did not get it that you were jokingThumbswayup

I was thinking of getting a new Honda SUV for Christmas but after reading your post I am now getting a Porsche Cayenne SUV instead.:D

BTW any chance of me hitting you up for a 30K loan to make up the extra cost;)

Rob

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Haha, such an excited bunch! Brought a smile to my face!!
Merry Christmas you lot!!
Hey!! Baby steps!!! Learn to hover before flip... or flop....

there are a blast to fly. got mine on oct 4th,2017. started having issues two weeks later. hope you guys get one with no bugs. have fun

Buy a small GPS Tracker in case of a Fly Away. It happens to me last July in Finland.

I am sure you have digested You Tubes and I wish you well on your maiden flights. I would also suggest that you check out Flytpath You Tubes for initial setups and maiden flights. HAVE FUN-MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Well, I ve had my eyes on the mavic since summer, so I am going to buy one in January after the price drop.

I would like to add one other tip for all of you in the cold weather regions that intend all flying their new gifts from Santa. Please note that your flight time(s) will be decreased when the batteries are cold, thus please don't attempt any distance records ;)

Santa stopped by my house back in July [emoji16]
Now I’m just wondering if the lil guy can handle flying in the snow. I don’t think I’ll risk it, but i think it would be some beautiful footage.

Now I’m just wondering if the lil guy can handle flying in the snow. I don’t think I’ll risk it, but i think it would be some beautiful footage.

This wasn't during a snowfall, but right after, and at night.

Happy Flying.

Jake

Reactions: jwnipper
I have both a spark and mavic wrapped under the tree. Probably returning the spark.

I went with spark at first, got buyers remorse due to the firmware issues with android and otg cable. Somehow ended up with a mavic in my best buy shopping bag. Now both sit happily beneah the tree.

I might be as excited as my 5 year old.

I wish he would bring me a Mavic ! But I guess I’ll have to see what post Christmas sales have to offer.....

I wish he would bring me a Mavic ! But I guess I’ll have to see what post Christmas sales have to offer.....
dont give up,it took me 60+ years before i could afford one,

I have both a spark and mavic wrapped under the tree. Probably returning the spark.

I went with spark at first, got buyers remorse due to the firmware issues with android and otg cable. Somehow ended up with a mavic in my best buy shopping bag. Now both sit happily beneah the tree.

I might be as excited as my 5 year old.

Don’t return the Spark - it’s a ton of fun. You’ll see.....

Jake

I have flown mine in the snow a couple times. I don't do long flights, just up to take a few shots, then back down. After each flight in the snow I let it sit out (battery out) in the house overnight to help dry any moister it may have picked up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S