DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is the industry/community ready for Remote ID?

After your video Greg on the various modules I've determined that Remote ID is a joke at this point. FAA actually certified a module that can only been seen 50' or closer??? Might as well not fly with one. That doesn't even give law enforcement any information. Although I don't always agree with @51 Drones I think he may be right regarding the FAA postponing Remote ID until the industry figures out what's going on. Congress told the FAA it had to have Remote ID but never set any specs or guidelines. 50' to 5000' in your tests shows that even the FAA isn't really ready and is granting compliance certs to whomever makes a module.

As for my personal compliance.. My Air 2s already is but my Mavic Air isn't. I'm not spending more than $50 tops for a module for a drone that I only use recreationally and is no longer in production.

Reactions: Torque
Even the under 250 grams
I am 107'd and I fly the mini 2 (sub-250 gram and cannot be upgraded) and since I have not yet acquired a RID Module, I will not be compliant come RID-Day…

Since many drone enthusiasts are traveling internationally, it makes sense to develop a world RID standard, or at least one between the USA, Eu and Japan. Oh, and the UK...

Reactions: LoudThunder
Hi Folks,
I would like to ask for your help with 45 seconds of your time. We are trying to find out if the UAS community is ready for Remote ID. We are hoping to gather meaningful data to understand what will happen on September 16. Here's the link to the survey, thank you in advance for your help. I will share the results here once we have statistically significant data.

Greg
Regarding my Mavic 3 which I fly as a 107: its serial# isn't listed as compliant in FAA DOC, it's not clear that DJI will patch with a firmware fix, the drone's purchase was before DJI's factory compliance date -- so it's not clear: DJI says Mavic 3 is compliant, but it doesn't show up as compliant with FAA DOC and was purchased before factory manufacturing compliancy date. It's a mystery. Plus, I'm not understanding how compliance is even enforceable.

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman